Rat Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since I got my rats a month or so ago I haven't vacuumed due to reading that the noise could cause major issues with their hearing, etc.
The cage they are in is WAY too big to move every time I need to vacuum. Right now I try to pick up stuff I see on the floor and get by without vacuuming.
I was thinking maybe if I get a smaller "carrier" cage and put them in that and move them to a new room or downstairs while I'm vacuuming that it might work?
I'm just curious on ways someone else handles it? I thought getting a smaller cage would be a lot easier and help with cleaning their big cage too.

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
If you've got all same sex rats then yeah, a carrier would suffice. You can probably just put them outside the door and close it. I have hardwood floors, so I'm constantly sweeping lol.

·
Registered
8,526 Posts
Unless you've a BEW then your vacuum probably won't disturb them. Only vacuum my rats don't like is the magical handheld one that goes in their cage and steals their food.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Unless you've a BEW then your vacuum probably won't disturb them. Only vacuum my rats don't like is the magical handheld one that goes in their cage and steals their food.
Hello Nanashi! Why would a BEW be more affected by a vacuum than a different colored rat? I have never heard of anything like that before. Also, I would love to see a video of you sticking a vacuum cleaner in the cage with them and their reactions. It sounds so adorable!

·
Registered
8,526 Posts
It has to do with the markings and genetic links, the BEW markings generally have auditory-related seizures.

·
Registered
135 Posts
KTJC, did you get the message I sent you?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts