Rat Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently rescued an older very large rat and I have afew questions . He has been alone all his life he origonal was supposed to be snake food but I guess the little boy wanted to keep his a pet. He was verry aggressive but through immersion and trust training he has become verry resonsive to me he no longer bites me but he is agresive toward others in the house. My fist question is because he is aggressive and has been alone for over a year should I even consider getting him a cage mate. My partner is home all day with the rats but he is not fond of her so she can't take him out and let him run around and normaly one rat is a big nono but I worry for a new rat. And second question he is verry large and not very agile he dosnt seem to like the hammocks and his climing sills are sos.. because he was kept in a tank his whole life how can I get him to be more comfortable with climing and being in hammocks and develope a little more agility so he can be happy?

Sent from my SCH-S968C using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9 Posts
I'm going to follow this thread as I am in almost an identical situation, except my rat is a female. Looking forward to seeing what advice everyone has for you.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts