Rat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'm not sure if i should have put this in the vet post or if that was just for people recommending vets they currently use (i did not see any vets listed near my area). i am looking for a TRUSTED vet in the bay area. i had a rat die during a desexing years ago and i haven't trusted the surgery since. i have a rat that NEEDS to be neutered because of hormonal biting issues so i really need to find a vet that not just sees rats but that someone can recommend as being really really good. i don't care about expense or traveling a ways, i just need to find the uber best, most skilled, honest, talented vet in the area! anyone have any ideas?
...also one of my rat's toes is a little red compared to the others and looks a bit raw. can a rat get athletes foot? his cage is always kept perfectly clean and i only use well washed, naturally or no-dyed fabric. any ideas?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yes the bay area as in california near san francisco. monterey would not be too far for a good vet. who are they?

·
Registered
119 Posts
It's the Avian and Exotic Clinic of the Monterey Peninsula. They are REALLY nice and supportive. Dr. Thomas is really great, and experienced. I would definitely recommend them. The general fee for a vist is 45 dollars, which I think is pretty reasonable. They also sell regal rat there, just FYI.
Here is the address and number:
20 Lower Ragsdale Dr.
Monterey, CA 93940
(831) 647-1147
their website is: aecvets.com

1 - 4 of 4 Posts