Rat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I had scheduled an appointment for only 1 rat for this wednesday, even though they were all sneezing, because the only Rat vet I could find could only see one within the next two weeks, but when I woke up this morning and boy boys were making this weird grunting noise that ended with a sneeze or a cough I got worried and called that vet back. Even though I told her it was an emergency she wouldn't let me come that day and wouldn't see more than one, so I started calling ever other vet within a 50 mile radius, and they were all pointing me toward the vet i had already talked to, so as a last ditch effort I called the one right around the corner, and lo and behold, they see rats and said I could bring them ALL in that afternoon. So I left work and loaded them into the car and brought them down.

I have to say, I was impressed with them. They were very knowledgeable, gave me the right meds, and only charged me 75$ for what they called a "litter exam", meaning I could have brought even more rats in for that same price.

I'm so happy I found a good vet that I can continue bringing them to. Not to mention it's only a mile from my house and fairly priced.

Giving them the meds was interesting, as was getting the girls to hold still while they tried to stick a thermometer up their butts, hehe.

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
I'm so glad you found a good vet! And so close to home! :D

·
Registered
928 Posts
my vet is amazin, there are 3 vets at my surgery and only one used to deal with rats, since i got daisy he trained the other 2 vets to deal with small animals i will admit the other 2 arent as good yet but hey it takes time and at least they have made the effort! if theres a major problem we get sent to mr moran (the head guy) but if its not major the other two deal with it :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts