Rat Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My husband and I like to play World of Warcraft together, and dear little Eris has become very insistent on joining in. Somehow, she figured out that pushing buttons on the keyboard makes noise on the screen. She's old and slow, but very clever about getting to the keys and causing mayhem once she does. This button-pushing habit extends to my phone; if I leave it unlocked and in her reach she is uncannily good at sending gibberish texts to people from my contacts list. :rolleyes: I was wondering if anyone else had a rat as fascinated by pushing buttons? Are there any other texting rats out there?

·
Registered
996 Posts
That's awesome! I tried a while back to teach my rats how to play a song on my ipad but they just dribbled on it instead. lol. I may try again sometime.

Some of my rats have gotten their toes caught in my computer's keyboard before, though, so I'm wary of letting them near my computers...

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
My rats looooove "helping" me raid on WoW lol I can't get my phone out either without someone putting their paws all over the screen. They used to really like the joysticks on my ps3 controller, but I don't play the ps3 much anymore.

·
Registered
994 Posts
Someone should teach their rat to touch buttons on a phone touch screen. If their able to learn to push buttons and ring bells for food then why not an app that rings a bell when you push a button on the screen?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Yeah I get too involved when raiding and my desk looks like a bomb site, so my ratties stay safe in their cage while I'm playing.
When they were little they'd sleep in my hoodie pocket while I was on the computer though.

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
I tend to not keep much bound to my keyboard for WoW, so a few rat paws don't hurt much. They tend to go back to their cage after I've set them back down a few times and they realize I'm not going to actively play with them. They get a good 2 hours of free range before I sit down to raid, so they're usually too pooped to cause too much trouble lol

·
Registered
80 Posts
I tend to not keep much bound to my keyboard for WoW, so a few rat paws don't hurt much. They tend to go back to their cage after I've set them back down a few times and they realize I'm not going to actively play with them. They get a good 2 hours of free range before I sit down to raid, so they're usually too pooped to cause too much trouble lol
I get WAY TOO distracted playing WoW to let my rats out at the same time ROFL although, imagine if you could train them to help you play! Like to hit certain button on your keyboard on command. I wonder if Blizzard would consider that cheating when in a PVP setting lol

·
Registered
350 Posts
Freddy sleeps on my desk while I'm gaming but I have to be careful while playing shooters because my hand moves so fast he might go flying if he gets too close. :eek: I couldn't play WoW when I had my girls because they always jumped on my hands thinking I was playing with them.

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
Lol I do have one girl that likes to wrestle with my hands. Fortunately, my team is pretty familiar with my need for a "brb rat aggro" moment occasionally. My rats may or may not have caused people to die on occasion >.> I call lag :p

·
Registered
350 Posts
haha lag is such a handy excuse but it doesn't go down well during a cup final. xD I would be so embarrassed if my rat pulled a load of mobs or even the boss and wiped the raid lol. ;D

·
Registered
455 Posts
Pippa hangs up Facetime if I'm not paying attention to her... Does that count?

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
Pippa hangs up Facetime if I'm not paying attention to her... Does that count?
Lol I think any rat related technology crisis counts! My boys' cage used to be in direct line of sight with my webcam and they would all hold on to the bars and just stare at the back of my head while I was skyping. I didn't notice it until my husband pointed it out to me one day lol I think they thought I was talking to them which usually meant treats or playtime and they were probably wondering why neither was happening.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Wow, I had no idea there were so many rat-lovers who play world of warcraft! Eris has actually wiped 3 raid groups so far by running my character into the boss and/or a bunch of mobs before we were ready. My guild mates all know the "ROK error" (rat on keyboard) I could keep her in the cage while I play, but then she gets mopey.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts