Rat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, so I can't get Total in Canada. I got some children's multivitamin & minerals today. But now, I'm looking at this: http://www.ratfanclub.org/nutreq.html and it says overdosing Vitamin A is bad.

These tablets have 2000 I.U. of Vitamin A, and that site says a maximum of 4 I.U.. That's 1/500th O_O And they don't have riboflavin or thiamin, and someone said vitamin K was important? I can't find that ANYWHERE.

What should I do? I can't give him, like, a spec of the multivitamin. He wouldn't be getting near enough of the other vitamins, anyway.

S***.

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
so you're trying a suebee's mix? is there any way you can order a quality lab block or dog food and have it supplemented with sugar-free grain cereals, fruits/veggies, and pasta - it's like a suebee's variation and should supply your ratties with all they need nutritionally (it's really the lab block/dog food that's important)

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
He's been on Suebee's Mix since I got him.. He gets Nutro Natural Choice Lite. But I've read in countless places that they need vitamins if you can't get Total cereal.. And I can't.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
try finding a lab block. if your rat is having lab blocks, then they dont need vitamin supplements.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This is the problem; I can't get lab blocks anywhere except online, and it would cost a fortune. The reason I use Suebee's is because it's affordable and I THOUGHT it was a complete diet D:

·
Registered
221 Posts

·
Registered
10,641 Posts
Zhuria said:
This is the problem; I can't get lab blocks anywhere except online, and it would cost a fortune. The reason I use Suebee's is because it's affordable and I THOUGHT it was a complete diet D:
What you need to do is contact Suebee herself. She's a very nice woman who moderates on RatsRule. She might have an email addy on her www.ratsrule.com site.

She says this on her diet page

If you can't get Total, you can add a children's vitamin/mineral tablet to their diet, or use small animal vitamins.

But honestly I would contact her and ask her advice :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts