Rat Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was unpacking water bottles at my work today and was looking at all the different ones. Does anyone have a certain type or kind that works REALLY well with their rats? My rats keep chewing on their water bottles even when its chew proof. Any and all help is appreciated and thanks in advance.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I use two glass water bottles with metal caps over the plastic screw-top. I love them. So far, they haven't leaked at all, and the rats can use them really easily. :)

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
I have gone through four different types.

These were the first ones I had. These terrified me because the water level never seemed to go down, and even though my finger could get water from them, I think my ratties had a hard time. It basically the one that came with the my first rat kit, which was a waste of money.

next came this. It's a nice idea but the bottle falls out of the holder quite a bit, and it's awkward to put on a cage. I'd say don't spend your money on this one either.

I got something like this, which is basically your standard cheap water bottle. I like these better than all of the above. It drips every now and again but at least it stays on and I can see that they are getting water.

this is my final upgrade. I absolutely love this bottle. It's sturdy, and the ratties get their watter just fine. The spring that holds it on is the best system I've seen so far as well. It's a bit more costly but I could have bought several with all the money I wasted on inferior bottles.

spend more now save more later!

·
Registered
722 Posts
I have the glass water bottle as well (and use a critter canteen as a backup). I love the glass one- no one can chew through it, and it's not leaky at all. The critter canteen seems to have a really strong suction... so the girls never use it.

·
Registered
730 Posts
I just upgraded to those glass ones and LOVE them, in case anyone was concidering getting them ;)

·
Registered
33 Posts
I started with the glass super pet ones, and I'm glad I did. Their completely chew proof (but my girls don't chew too much) and I have never had a problem with them.

Pink

1 - 7 of 7 Posts