Rat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So just today I took the bottom of a low plastic tupperware, filled it with water, upended a heavyish plastic food cup in it like an island, and placed two of those shiny steel meditation balls with bells in them into the water with a small nylabone.

My rats CANNOT LEAVE IT ALONE. When they aren't perching on the edge pawing at the meditation balls, they are wading around trying to drag the bone out, or dragging the island to where they want it. They are actually putting their faces into the water and splashing around.

Summer fun!

I think I am going to put some shiny glass pebbles or marbles in there next time. It worked better than I could have anticipated! Highly recommended.

Hand Finger Fashion accessory Ball Sphere These are the water toys. They can't get them out, so they just paw them around!

·
Registered
55 Posts
What a neat idea! My rats in the past loved having water with bits of veggies in it but I like the idea of having rocks and marbles and stuff in there too. Like an aquatic digging box.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I added those flat marble thingys for fish tanks? ZOMG they go nuts scavenging for them. I put them back in the water a few times a day, and they immediately run over and start fishing around again.

I need to get these kids a digging box next. Clearly they have a need to scavenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts