Rat Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I only give my ratties filtered or bottled water. Spoiled rotten!! Anyone else give their rats filtered or bottled water? I don't want to feel TOO weird! 8)

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
I give them tap water. But the water here is pretty good. In my old place I wouldn't drink the water, much less give it to a pet. :(

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
we did it for a dog we had who was susceptible to kidney stones, but generally i give my rats tap water. like forensic says, if you won't drink it yourself, then your animals shouldn't either. when i decide to give them filtered water i just give it from that water dispenser on the fridge.

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
My rats get tap water also. I don't personally like the water here, but no one else seems to have a problem with it. I just drink soda instead :(

·
Registered
981 Posts
I'm tap water too, but I could swear just a while back a whole bunch of people were talking about how they gave their rats filtered/bottled water.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
I currently use tap water but I'm moving soon, and i've thought about switching them to brita. Their cage will be in the living room right next to the kitchen, so I'll probably just end up grabbing the brita instead-a-ta tap!

no matter what you give to your ratties no need to feel weird about it! ;)

{{{side note}}}
My sister gives her cat super-ultra, uber-powered, mega-healthy, dome-lickin kinda thing! SHE doesn't have a system that sophisticated for HERSELF lol!!!!

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Mine get bottled water. :3

·
Registered
730 Posts
Tap water at the moment, but I'm moving to an apartment on city water so they'll get their water from a brita ;).

·
Registered
10,640 Posts
Depending on where you live. Some cities/towns put too much chemicals in their water which is not good for a rat. I use tap here.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts