Rat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to these forums, but I just lost my little girl last night. She was a blue rat and she always stole the food from everyone else so she was a bit chubby. I doubt I have any pictures but I'll try to find some. The girls only recently moved back to my house so that's why I might not have pictures. I just woke up this morning and went to feed them and she was curled up peacefully in a little ball... :cry: I will miss her so much. I'll try to find some pictures so you can see her.

·
Registered
995 Posts
I hope you feel better soon!

Was she a full blue? You know, no white?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, she was all blue.

·
Registered
995 Posts
Wow!! that's hard to find! I've had a few blues but they all had a little bit of white on their underside or white socks. :roll: Did you get her from a breeder?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nope, I've had bad experiences with my local breeders so until I find a good one, mine are from pet stores. =x

·
Registered
995 Posts
8O 8O 8O You lucky!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Guys, Godiva left me this morning. :'( I woke up and checked on the girls and she was acting strange and I watched her little bit and then she looked like she was having a seizure so I took her out and help onto her. :'( She was squeaking and shaking and just laid in my arms which she hardly ever did. And I laid there with her in my arms for a few minutes and she was gone. Two rats in one week... :'(

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
How old was Godiva? I really hope you don't have something going through your household... and poor Shampoo's all by herself now, huh? :(

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Godiva was our youngest, she was only about 6-7 months, I'm guessing. She was from a pet store so I'm not sure her exact age. And yeah Shampoo's on her own now. :'(

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
i'm so sorry for your double loss :( :(

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Shampoo's doing fine, just to let you guys know. I'm spoiling her like crazy since she's my last one for now. When she's gone my boyfriend and I are hoping to try again with another breeder and get some boys. But until she's gone, I'm gonna spoil her sooo much. =D

·
Registered
995 Posts
You might want to take her to a vet to be sure she doesn't have a virus!!!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Nah, she's fine. She loves to give kissies and she finally sits and lets me stritch her head, her newfound love lol. And I'm giving her lots of food. If she was showing signs of illness or anything, I would take her to a vet immediately but she's not. She's happy and bruxxes all the time. =]

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
i'm not sure about SDA, its a virus i know but never had to deal with myself. if i remember correctly from what i have read though symptoms tend to show very suddenly though they may have had it for a while. i think there is a blood test that can be done to check for it. i do know its very deadly if not fought aggressively and early though. maybe someone who has had the unfortunate experience can better help but it would be a concern of mine losing two so close together and so suddenly.

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
1 - 20 of 25 Posts