Rat Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what are some weird but cute things, or just things you notice about your rats?

-ozzy has a weird nose, it sticks out and is squared, she had it when she was a baby and never lost it
-ozzy's eyes have a dark outer ring and bright inside

-molly has a 2 coloured tail
-molly had a nose like ozzy but now it's flat

the girls tails

ozzy's nose as a baby (and her eyes)

ozzy's nose now (the flash doesn't make her eyes look the way they are)

molly's nose as a baby (well, not really a baby but younger)

molly's nose now

·
Registered
229 Posts
Gohma's got a nose like Ozzy's. I say she looks like a black and white Ratatouille because her nose hangs over her "top lip" so far. XD

Dust is just fat... Nothing special about her other than when her adult fur was growing in she looked like an inverted hoodie with a light head and dark body.

·
Registered
276 Posts
I like the Two colored tail on Iggy, the other I like the patch on Spazzes belly, makes up for the lack of dark pigment he has on his back.

·
Registered
974 Posts
Want to hear about weird? My rat Meeps has OCD I swear! He MUST turn around 3 times before he lays down. He's a baby only about 4-5 weeks old and he only does this when he's about to go to sleep. If he's up on your shoulder he will turn around exactly 3 time then go to sleep. If he's in his cage he does the exact same thing, it's so weird!

·
Registered
626 Posts
Something cute but weird that my rats do is when I offer to give them "Kashi" cereal, they will only eat a certin grain from the mix. When offer a little bit in a bowl they balance on the rim of the bowl and sift through the entire bowl until that particular grain is all gone. Then they move on to their second favorite, the third favorite, then forth, ect. Also they will NOT eat ANY peels! Apple peels, grape peels, blueberry peels, PEA PEELS! I mean come on! I watch them carve out the insides of the peas and just leave the shell, and just move on to the next, not only is it a waste, but it leaves a huge mess. :roll: Also when Mouse eats, her nose looks relly weird, I can't explain it but it looks really funny. :D

·
Registered
3,509 Posts
I'm currently litter training my 8 girls (in the same cage). It's going really well! BUT even though there is two litter boxes in the cage - they still fight and argue over who gets to poop first. They don't even bother to use one of them. All the arguments are over the same box lol

It's the human equivalent of a queue for the bathroom

Makes me laugh every time

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have only noticed recently that Jemima who is all blonde with a small white patch on her belly, has a lighter patch on the top of her head inbetween her ears. It's strange, it makes her look like she has rolled around on somthing greyish and it got all over her except the top of her head. I actually though that this might have happened so I gave her a really good bath - but I guess that it is just the way she is - Almost looks like she is wearing a little cap.

Daisy has a kink in the end of her tail. It doesn't seem to worry her at all but I think that it must have been bent, squished or broken when she was littler.

The cutest thing that they do is stand up on their back legs and sniff the air and hold their little hands out in front of them. I know all rats do this - but it's still cute.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Mitch - He has eyebrows!! They are sooooo cute... just about his eyes he has little patches of blondish coloured hair. He looks like Splinter from the original TMNT movie..LOL He also chooses favourites from day to day with whom he shares the 'loft' with. Also, he poos when the vaccum cleaner is going where as all the other boys come up to the side of the cage as if to say "What's that??" Fun!"

Fattie - He the laziest of the 5. He will just curl up in my hoodie and peep out when I walk around. He also licks my fingers when I'm scritching him right.

Monty - I think he is a gay rat. He is the only one that does the nesting. He will drag everything into the shoebox and make sure that it is home for everyone. Every shred of loo paper and towelling has to be in a PARTICULAR spot. Also, I've never seen him butt sniff.

Chip - Even though he's only been in the family for about 3 days, he is a trouble maker. He started wresting Mitch (The Alpha) when they met. They are totally ok now, but it was funny to watch a 7 week old go at a 3 month old

Flash - He squeaks at everything! Whether someone has trod on his tail in the cage to me picking him up to someone sniffing his rear end he just squeaks!

Also, all of my boys smell like my partner when he has finished a workout. You know that grown man, just woke up sleepy smell and the just finished a workout smell? That musky man smell?? It's like a combination of that.. It's weird. It's not a bad smell, just very distinguishable. Oh yeah.. It's like a first teddy bear smell when you are 20.. familiar but very distinguishable! It's nice and comfortable...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts