Rat Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im so worried right now.. my new hairless girl makes a noise like she has a cold, but only when she is sleeping. When i wake her or she wakes herself she stops doing it... I cant see any signs of sickness, she's eating, drinking, taking treats, no discharge around her eyes and she is not swaying. The sound is like a dog dreaming.. sometimes a little louder, than softer..like when dogs bark in their sleep. From what i can see she is breathing normally. I have a video on my phone but dont know how to get it here.. Does anyone know whats going on? Is she dreaming? Do i need a vet?

· Registered
836 Posts
If you don't see anything wrong beyond the noise then I wouldn't worry about it too much. Still keep an eye on her to make sure it's nothing else then an odd little noise she makes when she sleeps.
I don't know if it helps any but sometimes my hedgehog makes noises when he sleeps, just tiny squeaks.

And you also say it sounds like she's cold or something? Try making the cage warmer and see if she stops making the noise.

· Registered
1,141 Posts
We normally sew hammocks out of fleece and cotton. If you cannot sew, there are some tutorials for no sew hammocks too. General rule of thumb is to stay away from fabrics that fray and methods that make it so little toes or feetsies can get stuck.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.