Rat Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As a Christmas present my father bought me something I have been wanting for a while now: a rattie of my very own! He is just getting settled into his new cage (he looks so darling in his hammock!) and is fitting into our family perfectly.
He is a little on the chubby side, but otherwise healthy. He has a medium fawn, sleek coat and is 2 to 3 months old. I was given the option of adopting a smaller 6 week old baby, but chose him because he just... called to me , I guess. His brother had just been adopted and looked so lonely... I had to make him mine.
Pictures coming soon! :D

·
Registered
155 Posts
you may want to get another one so it can have a ratty friend. just like humans we need friends of our own type so it thinke would also be happy with anther rat. congrats! i am happy to hear there are many rat lovers out there. and welcome to rat forum.com i have a blog that you can asks questions on if you want or if you need some help it might not be the best thing in the world but it might help. i can not wait to see pictures he sounds EXTREMELY CUTE!!!

·
Registered
722 Posts
Congrats! Like Pooky said, he needs a cagemate... rats actually will get depressed if they're on their own. Make sure that it's another boy (unless you want to get a girl and get one of them spayed or neutered).

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks everyone! Just one question, should they be the same age group? I've decided to buy him a friend, like I was advised, but is it okay is the other male is 6 or 7 weeks old? Milo is 2 1/2 - 3 months.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Nope, I don't think it should be a problem. Just make sure you quarentine the new rat for three weeks before starting introductions... you don't want to get your first rat sick!

·
Registered
155 Posts
you can look at my blog for help with intros. the link is in my sig. i hope it helps.

·
Registered
626 Posts
I can't wait to see picks of your boys! :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts