Rat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rat Muridae Hamster Mouse Skin
Rat Mouse Muridae Skin Rodent
the brown hooded is westley and the all black/brown is alec. ((he has white paws and a lighter brown underbelly, it's super adorable.))
i bought them from petco today, the same one where we got my previous rats. they both seem very healthy and alert. i'm fully aware that buying them from a breeder would have been the better thing to do, but there are none in my area, and there are no rats up for adoption at my local adoption clinic.

alec is a younger rat than westley, he'd just been introduced only recently; but they seem to get along fine. right now they are resting in their four tier cage in their home. i gave them paper towels just in case they wanted to nest or take a long nap after that big transition.

Cage Degu Animal shelter Pet supply Rodent
their house is about 4 feet tall and 2 feet in width. fleece covers all the plastic. the litter tray is at the bottom, and no fleece went there for two reasons; 1, nothing really fit down there, and 2, we had already assembled the cage before i could put fleece down properly. ah, well.

i only have one question; should i move their water bottle and food bowl to the tier their house is on, just for tonight, so they don't have to climb all the way down in case they get hungry/thirsty?

·
Registered
358 Posts
I know what you mean, It took me forever to find a breeder but I loved my pet shop boys. Its fine, all rats are awesome. Do you know how old they are? They are cuties though. Let them climb, it will be good for them, they will find everything well enough.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i think westley may be around 3 months, and alec is about 2.
day 2 of having them and they get along really well :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts