Rat Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have seen several people's hammocks hung with what look to be really thin shower curtain clips. They are kind of pear shaped and look really safe for the rats. What kind of clips are these? I have been hanging my hammocks with hooks from suction cups made to hang stuff in the shower. I am worried about the hooks poking the rats.

·
Registered
195 Posts
I found a pack at the dollar tree, the were cheaaap they are shower curtain hooks. Go to some dollar stores and ever ask the person at the front where their shower curtain hooks are, hope you find em!

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I thought they looked like shower rings. I went to my Dollar Tree and didn't see them. I'll scout some of the others. They look like they are safer that what I have. The dollar stores are going to be my new friends...

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
I use three different types of hooks in my cage. I use baby rings for hammocks that have larger loops, S-hooks for hammocks that I want to take off easily, and shower curtain hooks for hammocks that I want to stay on. You can find baby rings at the dollar store. They are super inexpensive and look colorful even if it's just for decoration. S-hooks are slightly pricer, but I like them because they are super easy to take off and put back on. I got mine at Home Depot. Shower curtain hooks are nice if you have hammocks that you feel your rats are going to take off. My rats like to take the larger hammocks off of the S-hooks so I secure those with shower curtains instead. I made a video on attaching hammocks and what sort of hooks you can use a while ago. Here it is if you want to look at it:

https://youtu.be/pVunByRyYBY

·
Registered
195 Posts
I thought they looked like shower rings. I went to my Dollar Tree and didn't see them. I'll scout some of the others. They look like they are safer that what I have. The dollar stores are going to be my new friends...
I get a LOT of the stuff I have for my rats at the dollar store! Just don't become better friends with the dollar stores than your rats! im just kidding

·
Registered
111 Posts
I got a ten pack of the shower rings at Wal Mart for $0.97. I use them on my hammocks and other stuff and just run them through the washer still attached to the hammock. I bought several packs so I can always change them out and keep them clean.

·
Registered
953 Posts
I got them most recently from the dollar tree, but I've found them at many different stores for about the same price. I also use baby rings for attaching stuff, also found at the dollar tree. Oh and binder clips too!

Dollar tree is pretty great for rat stuff. Plastic bins, fleece blankets, baby and pet toy section has toys for them. Construction paper.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I found them! Dollar General had them. These aren't plain, they have beads, but they still work!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts