Rat Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Getting your rats anything for christmas? I know I am :p

They are getting new hammocks (4 of which they have already, but they have another 6 that they haven't seen yet)
I have a wine carrier box thing (cardboard) that they will be having, its full of holes between each 'holder' so they should have fun with that.
A huge curving tube, dad will cut some holes in it so they have more entrances (this is their main present. Its huge and bearly fits in the cage... (there cage is the UK equivalent to a CN/FN so you can get an idea of the size of the thing XD))
And of course! Christmas dinner and treats for dessert!

·
Registered
996 Posts
From me, my rats got a cat tree. Much to my surprise, though, my parents bought them a gift. It was a thing to make a rat agility course out if. Santa also got them a gift. A gift card for Petsmart. My rats got more gifts from my parents than I gave them lol. Plus my grandparents always give me money and all of it is going towards the rats. I'll never tell my grandma that though. XD All they need to know is it goes towards my happiness. My rats give me more joy than anything else I could spend money on.

·
Banned
6,244 Posts
My 9 year old daughter wrote Santa Clause a rather heart breaking request for medication for her big rat Max's growing tumors... With the kind assistance of Santa Clause it looks like Max is going to be receiving her chemo-therapy drugs in just a few days...

Fingers crossed... we're hoping for a Christmas miracle... a very special thing for a very special little girl to wish for her very special rat.

May you all have a hopeful Christmas too.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Mine are getting a BIG tin of Whimzees toothbrushes!

·
Registered
231 Posts
I'm giving them a rat-safe cat toy, and my mom and dad earlier today brought only-ratty Rosie a little cagemate! Her name is Holly, she is soo cute!

I hope Max get's better soon!

·
Registered
8 Posts
My rat Domino got the smallest bendable ladder that is supposed to be for birds and is hanging straight up and down in her cage. She also got two lava perches, one blue and one purple. One of the perches is in front of her food bowl, and the other one is where she can step up on it and play with a toy hanging there. Had a dog rope toy in there but it wasn't working in my cage because my cage is only big enough for my one rat (23wx13indx25H) 13 depth in this case is the measurement from front to back.

I do love the bird cage though that was her first Christmas present about a week or two ago. I zip tied any of the doors that she could have lifted and the top is also zip tied into place. Spacing is 1/2 inches. Bars are slightly thinner than i'd like as far as the wiring, but they're sturdy (the $70 prevue flight cage from petsmart). She's very shy and always has been so i'm not worried about her pulling antics other than normal climbing. It's also much easier to clean than the old steralite bin i had her in (30 gallon 110 litre bin with modified lid).

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
My rats will get the rest of their cage back after Christmas :p along with a redecorate to include cargo nets

My cousins rats are getting 3 baby roommates and a complete cage overhaul as I will teach my cousin how to dollar store decorate the cage and how to sew hammocks

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I see lots of rats are getting spoilt this christmas!

I just gave my girls some of their new hammocks (only 2 they haven't seen yet) and they are super hyper and happy! They love their new cubes :3
Evie loves the cardboard wine holder thing. They will recieve their tube when the cage is cleaned, which should be in a few days time

I hope everyopne has a lovely christmas!

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
My boys are getting their very own cage and the girls will now have the entire DFN to themselves. It will be a few days since I have to clean up the new cage (it was used), but I think they'll be thrilled to have even more room.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts