Rat Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okie dokie rattie lovers!

I've decided I'd like to treat my boys to some baby food tonight, but I'd like to know what your thoughts are on the ingredients? Do you think it's safe to feed my 2 boys?

NOTE: I do not feed baby food often -- it's just a treat they get every few months~

Thank you!

Food Fruit preserve Ingredient Plant Cuisine
Food Ingredient

·
Registered
664 Posts
I think it looks fine. They'll probably love it!

·
Premium Member
4,287 Posts
I wouldnt feed the sweet kinds unless your rat wont take meds in anything else or is in desperate need of nutrition. They are packed full of sugar and over time can rot rats teeth (they cant brush there molars) and/or cause tooth abcesses.

The savoury ones arent bad but i wouldnt feed regularly (more than once a month) unless youve got a rat that needs a nutrient boost as they are purposefully very easy to digest so can lead to chubby rats very quickly. There are pleanty of other lovely ways to treat them, or why not use some of their fave baby food to bake occasional treats with some seeds and wholemeal flour.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.