Rat Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
It's a fancy rat, I think the color is champagne, the marking is bareback, the ears are dumbo, and the eyes are either red or ruby. Did you find it outside?

·
Registered
249 Posts
Definitely looks like a domesticated rat to me, what are you going to do with it?

·
Registered
249 Posts
Its a fancy rat if that's what your asking, I don't know the age but he/she's an adult at least. Do you know the gender?

·
Registered
805 Posts
Domestic rats don't have different breeds. All domestic rats are just domestic rats or "fancy" rats. They may have different coat colors or ear placement but they're all Norway rats (species name).

As for your rat's age, you could look up "rat development" web pages to see if the pictures help. After 12-16 weeks, it's pretty difficult to determine age. If your rat is healthy, you could weigh it and look up weight charts to see roughly how old they might be.

To determine your rat's sex, it's usually pretty easy to tell because boy rats have giant testicles. If you're still unsure, google "sexing rats" to find a website with pictures or videos to help you.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Weeeeelllllllll....... to me it looks like a mouse, but hey, I barely know anything about mice, and I trust CorbinDallasMyMan's judgment, so I guess I agree with him(or her, idk).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts