Rat Forum banner

Which cage do you own? If you have multiple put down the favorite of your cages.

• Total voters
121 - 140 of 180 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Mine is in the furet plus rat cage... Though not sure if it will be big enough for my two girls once they get bigger so looking to upgrade in September :)

http://www.petsathome.com/shop/furet-plus-rat-cage-by-ferplast-15988

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

The Furet Plus is large enough to comfortably house 3 full grown females :) especially if you add another level. But of course bigger is always better, so if you have the money and space upgrading is always nice, if not, dont worry :)

·
Registered
300 Posts
I was so close to buying that cage! But because of lack of reviews I was really unsure about it and couldn't afford to make a mistake. Ended up getting the Hagen Living World Ferret Habitat, which is the exact same cage as the Furet Plus but for some reason under a different brand. Anyway, how is the quality of that cage? Did you need to make any adjustments to it? Is it sturdy? What are the pros and cons to it? I'd love to know because if I ever need another cage someday that's what I'll be turning to.
I write a detailed review on Amazon, follow the link in my post about the cage.

·
Registered
222 Posts
2 maine cage factory really big cages, a reworked pet store cage that's now a fixed 5fter, a 5ft rodentwire I think was maine cage but has no label, a cat cage I reworked to be taller&more suitable. bought my parents a great custom maine cage 5ft&highly recommend them built custom.

·
Registered
6 Posts
At this very moment I have a Ware Natural Wood Cage for Rats...and I HATE IT. However, I voted Critter Nation as I just a few minutes ago managed to snag one on Amazon for $100 shipped. If only it wasn't so dang heavy I wouldn't have to pay $40 for shipping to take away from the fact the actual price was only $56.

And by take away, I mean slightly, barely, not-even-gonna-complain take away because a CN for $100 is a GREAT deal lol

·
Registered
346 Posts
Currently I have the All Living Things Luxury Pet Rat Home. Im looking to upgrade to a DCN and turn it into 2 cages. For spayed girls one level and my boys on the other

·
Registered
12 Posts
i purchased the ferplast at pets at home then when my rats got larger i went to jtf frith and purchased an animall cage from there is massive and got multilevels and was just 40 pounds

·
Registered
59 Posts
Here's a picture of my Ferplast Duetto. This is huge - 6 feet tall. I have had up to 10 girls living in it, it would easily accommodate several more. Currently has seven occupants - The Mole (sadly on her last legs), Birdy, Billie, Rosie, Newt, Ripley & Ghost. The cage can be split in two horizontally which I do periodically when I get new girls, so the kittens can grow a bit larger before introductions to the older girls. I bought this new from a German website about 3 years ago for £350 including delivery to the UK - which is a lot, but it's a pretty amazing cage.

Attachments

·
Registered
988 Posts
I have Super Pet Deluxe My First Home For Exotics But I hate it! It's all chewed through and we had to make a new base. The doors are to small also. And the shelves get yucky and are hard to take in and out. I am upgrading (hopefully) as I am asking for a DCN for Christmas.

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
I have Super Pet Deluxe My First Home For Exotics But I hate it! It's all chewed through and we had to make a new base. The doors are to small also. And the shelves get yucky and are hard to take in and out. I am upgrading (hopefully) as I am asking for a DCN for Christmas.
I don't mind the shelves or the doors. I used to have the rat manor which had smaller doors and (IMHO) the shelves are even more of a pain ..

It's the base that's caused me nothing but headache . Who designs a base of 0.3 cm thick plastic with no metal reinforcement for creatures whose teeth are harder than steel ?! Seriously?!?

That stupid base has caused me nothing but headache!

·
Registered
85 Posts
Furet Furplus large cage, (UK) came to me with one grey platform, not complete, but hey it was free! - was told it was over £100 new, dont disbelieve it! meant to be for 4 rats, have two lovely dumbos, ad besotted! - nearly 5 weeks in, with our 1st rats, and loving them totally!

Pip x

·
Registered
346 Posts
I just purchased a double critter nation cage for my mischief. I also have a guinea pig cage that I use as a hospital cage and I have an all living things luxury pet rat home that my baby Dobby is in until hes old enough to be in with my older boys

·
Registered
26 Posts

·
Registered
966 Posts
I have the Ware Living Room Series Ferret cage. It's a nice and large, my rats love it. Got a great deal on it off of craigslist. I really like it

·
Registered
77 Posts
at the moment i have the Furet plus rat cage and mary rat cage but in a few days i'll be getting the Savic Suite Royale blue small animal cage, more space for my girls hopefully as the two new ones are in the smaller cage...

121 - 140 of 180 Posts