Rat Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello there. :) My friend might be adding another girl to her mischief and I'm possibly thinking the girl might be himalayan... but I'm wondering if it's what they could be.

They're kind of a creamy white on the bottom and it fades up to the top with a darker caramel color - and they have dark heads.

NOTE: this isn't my picture, of course, and if the owner of these babies happens to be on here I'll edit this out if you wish.

Of course, we should presume that isn't their regular housing unit :p
They all look fairly healthy to me, no eye or nose crusties or anything... but I'm wondering if you guys see anything else we should be concerned about? Clean tails, they look very comfortable exploring what I presume is a new area, although sometimes it can be hard to tell these things via one photo.

My friend is going to ask the breeder, but I just wanted to know what you all thought of them as well :)

Attachments

·
Registered
664 Posts
I have no idea what color they are but they sure are cute!

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
That dumbo hairless is too cute! It's hard to tell, but they look a little too dark to be himalayans. My himalayan was a very very light cream color that was even throughout her entire body until her points started showing at around 8 weeks, then she faded to a kind of off-white.
Here she is before and after.
019.JPG 001.jpg
Those babies are super cute either way and look healthy!

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Do not appear to be Himalayan but cute regardless. Himalayans are often mistaken for PEW's since their fur is so white and these guys look a shade of cream/brown (could just be the picture?).

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They are definitely cute! Maybe I was thinking of siamese... but now, looking at them, I'm wondering if they aren't some sort of dove/buff/super light fawn variation variberks. I'll post again what the breeder comes back with to my friend. :)

I also wish I was able to buy the little dumbo hairless. I'm not into hairless/double rex/PW normally but she looks so darling.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The breeder has told my friend they're blues... but going off the picture I'm going to assume they're probably blue agoutis or something of the like.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm sure it's just the lighting - however blue agouti is a strange color even in very clear photographs, so I have no idea how it would show up on weirdly lighted photographs.

My friend will be picking two of these lovelies up, so we'll have to see.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
My friend is going to pick them up tomorrow... she's considering getting the hairless and the one on the far left. I really hope it all works out, the person is a fair drive so I hope it's worth it for her.

Meanwhile, could anyone tell me if the "hairless" is actually hairless or double rex? I know the other babies don't look rex, but I'm really quite confused about hairless vs double rex and there seems to be a huge debate going on right now over it on a lot of the places I frequent.

·
Registered
8,526 Posts
Looks double Rex. Hairless rats have nothing (technically down to whiskers) while double Rex rats can vary from fully fuzzed to barely fuzzy.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts