Rat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't want Dax to be sad and lonely. But I don't know if I can just get a new one right away. Dax and Kira were littermate and until tonight had not spent more than an hour apart. Right now she's fine, but I worry.

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
527 Posts
Re: What do I do for my rattie when her sister has passed aw

hmm, i'm FAR from an expert, but i think it depends on the age of the rattie. like if your rat's over a year old, she may be fine without a cagemate. but you have to watch her for signs of depression..and if she shows symptoms/is under a year old, i'd recommend getting a friend for Dax. :]

·
Registered
10,641 Posts
Re: What do I do for my rattie when her sister has passed aw

You need to spend a lot of quality time with her, change the routine a little so its not the same as she always did with Kira. I would think soon about getting a companion or 2. You might want to think of 2 baby girls instead of 1. It would be easier on Dax, because they can annoy each other with their endless silly energy when she's had enough. She's only 5 months so they can grow up together if you get older babies. I have intro'd females of 2 years old to babies and after the initial "Oh ****, what did I do to deserve these?" looks and grumpiness, the older gals ended up "getting younger" :D
Oh Allynpsych I am soo sorry about Kira! I cried when I heard. :( If you can help it, please don't go back to that vet (I know you don't want to) :(
((hugs))

1 - 3 of 3 Posts