Rat Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I was playing with Dego and Kinq having a jolly good time. Well Kinq usually keeps back a bit and hides under the blankets and such while Dego is constantly moving around.

Now i know what bruxing is and im pretty sure I heard Dego and Kinq do it. Im not sure whether it was happiness or fear (Dego was running around like and idiot around my legs and Kinq was hiding in a tunnel).

But then Dego started licking me and Kinq started biting (very very gentley) my toe.

Im assuming that this is all a good thing but could it mean something else?

·
Registered
130 Posts
They're grooming you! They are treating you as their own kind by giving you a good wash. :)

·
Registered
229 Posts
Yep. Exactly what Eliza said. :D They want to make you as clean as a rat, to show their appreciation and love for you. Most bruxing is a happy thing, but I've read that rats will do it in times of extreme stress too. I don't know if there's any difference in the sound when they're stressed... (I've never heard a stressed brux) ..but if your rats are grooming you, then I don't think you need to worry about them being stressed during play time. They're enjoying themselves. ^^

·
Registered
418 Posts
Bruxing is when a rat grinds its teeth together, they make a swishing chattery noise, and their head vibrates! Its their form of purring. When they are Seriously deep down bruxing, their eyes will wiggle like, in and out kinda... thats called Boggling.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Wow i learn somthing new everyday of this thread :D
Jess x

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
i meant this forum lol
Jess x

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
junior_j said:
Wow i learn somthing new everyday of this thread :D
Jess x
This forum also offers members the ability to edit their posts rather than post again in order to explain an error or whatever

Glad to see you are enjoying the site!

·
Registered
468 Posts
If he's bruxing, I don't think he's unhappy. I've never seen Roxie boggle, and I've read a lot of others haven't seen it happen either.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts