Rat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I feed my girls Living World Extrusion which I now realize isn't that great but I have a huge bag of it I might as well use. However I figure I can give them extra stuff they're missing. Anyone know what I should be feeding my girls extra? I give them veggies whenever I have them, carrots, broccoli, etc. Sometimes fruits too, again if I have it.

Any info would be great!

·
Registered
555 Posts
I would replace the one you're currently using to something like oxbow regal rat as their main food. You could always use the other mix as a "treat" every so often.

Normally give something small each morning such as 1/4 of a piece of strawberry to each rat with whatever portion of food you normally give (lab blocks) for the day.

At night I would give something more such as a piece of banana or a small salad made out of arugula leaves or spinach leaves with little pieces of carrot or broccoli. You could add a little piece of chicken in there too and cut it up into little pieces for extra protein.

Eggs are good too! I always put 1 egg into a bowl and cut up a tiny piece of broccoli into little pieces and microwave for about 1 min. It makes 4 meals for my 2 girls which can stay in the fridge for a few days as pre-made meals if you're running late for work or need something quick or whatever.

I hope this helped :)

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! unfortunately I have a 30lb bag of the stuff so it would last forever using as treats. I think I'll try to use some of it up then I'll switch to oxbox. Though I will add in some of the other stuff you suggested. They LOVE eggs.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Is it actually going to harm them? I plan on giving them fresh foods as well so they're getting enough nutrition.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts