Rat Forum banner

Do you miss your rats when you go on trips?

• yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no

• why would I?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings! :p

Well...this morning around 8:15 my Mom and I went to the vets office to pick up Templeton (I got back from Disney World yesterday), he was perfectly fine and I held him the whole entire time in the car and carried his cage inside and everything went great. I played with him for awhile and tried to give him some scrambled eggs wich he did not want. Thats when it started getting weird. 8O I put him in his cge wondering why he didn't want the egg and went downstairs to get on the rat frum for a while. I went back upstairs to see how Templeton was doing and he was being very mopey and tired and breathing really slowly. He usually (usually meaming always,lol) runs aorund his cage, eats, runs in and out of his boxes and..you know...little ratty things, games, and just stuff. but, as I told you before he was being very mopey and I don't know why. Templeton NEVER sleeps exept while I am at school. I also thought that he would be wide awake and ready to play becasue the poeple at the vet never really play with him. They only refil his food and water and check up on him. Thats really it. Does anyone now why he is being all mopey and....different than his usual self? Should I just not obsess over it? Theres probably nothing wrong with him but, I just want to make sure.

Please give me answers! :eek: :) :wink:

Maybe he aslo has just had a big day or something. :?

·
Registered
221 Posts
It just may be the stress of moving from one place to another. If other symptoms start to show then take him back to the vet, but I'm sure he'll be running around like a mad thing in no time :)

·
Registered
229 Posts
Like Eclecticnoise said it's probably stress... or maybe he's sad and confused as to why you left him for so long, and upset that you come back one day and expect him to forgive you just like that. ...My parakeet wouldn't even look at me after I came back from a 3 (or was it 4?) day trip, but she got over it soon and was back to her old self in no time.

I haven't left my rats for a vacation yet, but I'm predicting that when I do they'll be the same way when I get back.

If he doesn't get better definitely take him back to the vet and make sure he didn't catch any sickness while you were gone.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
okay.......good, he seems to be getting better. Another thing may be that he didn't get any sleep at the vet becasue of all of the noise and people walking in and out of the room.

But the thing that both of you guys said about taking him to the vet and suddenly coming back and him being mad at me becasue I had abondonded him is probobly(most defiantly) it.

thanks for the posts! please keep posting!

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
okay.......good, he seems to be getting better. Another thing may be that he didn't get any sleep at the vet becasue of all of the noise and people walking in and out of the room.

But the thing that both of you guys said about taking him to the vet and suddenly coming back and him being mad at me becasue I had abondonded him is probobly(most defiantly) it.

thanks for the posts! please keep posting!

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
sorry!! didn't mean to post the same thing twice!!!

·
Registered
221 Posts
They can be such funny little creatures eh? My girls get soooo jealous when I pay attention to the boys. The cages are right next to each other so I'll be petting the boys or giving them their treats and when I turn around there are my two girls pressed right up against the bars staring at me :)

·
Registered
321 Posts
Iloveratz500 said:
sorry!! didn't mean to post the same thing twice!!!
Seems to me you have a finicky internet connection :lol:

Hopefully Templeton gets back to his usual self soon enough!
I'm sure he's just a little stressed out from being away from you =)

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yeah thats probably it. This is second day back and he seems to be getting much better! When I got home from school, I had to drop some, but after that I ran upstairs and I dropped my books and Templeton was waiting in his cage for me!

Last night t is a whoel different story though

1 - 9 of 9 Posts