Rat Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Currently I have two cats and two rats. Their names are odd, but I like odd. RAVEN - My black cat named for a character in Teen Titans. VERUCA - My grey stripe cat named for the spoiled rich girl in "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory". ESMERELDA - My hooded rat named by my nephew because he thought the name sounded Victorian and he is into steam punk. I thought it was for the character Alice Ghostley played in "Bewitched". ENDORA - My other hooded rat named for Endora from "Bewitched". Other names I have used in the past: MORRISSE (cat), MISS KITTY (cat), WEMBLEY (mouse) (Fraggle Rock anyone?), MARGOT (cat), CALVIN & HOBBES (twin cats), MAGENTA (fish), LUCIFER (fish), ATHENA(cat and spider)

·
Registered
425 Posts
Books mostly, my rat Strawberry was named because strawberries were the first thing she at in front of me when I got her. My other rat is named Quan after a warlock in a book I like.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I also have 2 cats and I have 3 rats.My 2 cats are PooPoo Chicken (yes literally Poopoo lol he comes to it as well) no real story behind it. Our other is named Lily,. I found he on craigslist. She is a maine ****. No real story either expect the name Lily came to mind the moment I saw her picture. For the rats, i was just googling names and started looking at star names for girls. So they became Fay, Nova and Maia.

·
Registered
994 Posts
My rats names, Merry and Pippin come from Lord of the Rings. My other pets names are just random human names except for my dog, Diesel but I didn't name him.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Actually THEY did. When I rescued Roxy and Daisy from the shelter, Roxy was named Rider and Daisy was Ana Lea. When I met them, I knew that both were somehow just not right. The minute I put my hands on "Rider" what popped into my head was ROXY. With Daisy, it took a day or two, but then my husband said, She is Miss Daisy. So, in effect, they told us their names.

·
Registered
2,871 Posts
I name all of my females after awesome female characters.

Prue, Piper, Phoebe- from Charmed
Khaleesi, Daenerys, Cersei, Sansa - Game of Thrones
Meg & Charlie - Supernatural
Yuna- final fantasy

My boys dont really have any pattern.

Sam & Dean- supernatural
Remy- ratatouille
Malygos- world of warcraft
Apollo- came to me with that name & i liked it
Blue- he is blue.....

My cats all have K names. Mostly because my husband is weird but it started on accident and we just went with it. I had a cat when I met my husband named Kami (RIP)
When we got our first cat together we named her Kisa which is russian for kitty, she was named after an animal planet show we had watched together about a lynx named Kisa.
Then we got our boy cat and I wanted to name him Keeba after a character in an anime we had been watching.
So after that my husband said all of our cats names had to begin with K....
We have Kye, Kit, & Kira.

My dog is named Trixie named after a My Little Pony because that is how I roll :)

And my guinea pigs are named Guinness and Gunny because I let my husband name them and he is not creative. And I let my niece and nephew name the other two so we have Jamie and Chocolate.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Some awesome inspirations so far! My two previous cats were Salem and Shiloh. My sister named Shiloh, I chose Salem because I was a fan of Sabrina the teenage witch and he was a spitting image of Salem. (I was 7 years old)

My last two rats were Ghost and Baby. Ghost got her name because on the ride home she was holding onto the bars of the cage and looked like she was getting carsickish. My sister goes "She's as pale as a ghost!" (Ghost was a PEW rattie lol) I named Baby because for the longest time I could never come up with a name for her so she was just Ghost's baby. The name stuck.

Two cats now are Copper and Boots. Copper because of his eye color, Boots because of her white paws. Hartley, my black hooded rat has a heart spot on his back so that's where I got that. Duke, my blue hooded came with his name and he already knew it.

My dog Tisza after a river in Hungary where my father came from. His last dog was Bodrog which was another river.

And my beta fish Pauly because I'm obsessed with the Rocky movies! =D

·
Registered
383 Posts
With only three rats total throughout my existence, my pattern is not very strong, but it's currently there.

We named our rats based on their appearance.

My wife named Latte by her coat color. She was named in the pet store, which meant we had to adopt her. I named our black rat Penumbra. When we were looking at a third, I remarked on how her markings looked like a key, so we named her Loki. Loki is unfortunately living up to her name.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I named my boys Olimar and Louie after the characters in the old video game Pikman!
I have a dog named Pocket because he's a small dog lol. Another dog named Lullaby because i rescued her when she was an infant and used to carry her around singing to her. I have a blue tonged skink named Mars because his tummy is red like the planet. A leopard gecko named Amber who I didn't name but it fits her perfectly. And a fish named Bob who I named cause it fits him perfectly to! :)

·
Registered
365 Posts
From Neil Gaimon's Graveyard book (which we were reading at the time in my class):
Jack (The Man Jack)
and Silas. (A vampire.)

From Mass Effect:
EDI
Tali

From Futurama:
Bender
Fry

From the Norse Pantheon:
Loki
Thor

From the fact that he used to have HUGE testicles and fifth graders found that ever so funny:
Moose

·
Registered
365 Posts
Okay, a shout out to Leeloo and Dallas. That's genius.

Now you just need a third one named "Multipass."

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have an Italian Greyhound named Zola, because I was looking at a list of baby names and liked the name. I think it suits her too.

My rats are named Lucius Vorenus and Titus Pullo, and it was my husband who named them for the character's in HBO's Rome. We chose the names before we had the rats, and we named them based on coloring, Beige Lucius, Chocolate Titus.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts