Rat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The title pretty much sums it up. I would like to know what the very best bedding is. Is it pellets, or shavings, or paper products, or just plain old towels? Any advice would help!

·
Registered
899 Posts
In my opinion if they arent litter trained a paper based product ((such as pets at home safe bedding , or Yesterdays news )) is the best.

Shavings should be avoided as they can be dusty

However if you have lovely litter trained rats ((which mine are geetin there on)) Towels or fleece make a nice bedding. ((Looks much neater aswell as being nice and cosy for ratties))

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! I was planning on litter-training the rats, but until I do, I don't want them getting poop on the towels :D

So I'l probably fill the cage with Yesterday's News until I litter-train them, and then I can put only towels down on the floor and put YN in the litter pan.

Anyways, I don't suppose you need to know all of my plans, so I'll just stop talking now :D

·
Registered
899 Posts
LOL

just another experience of mine :

I tried to litter train my girls...but it didnt work..untill i put fleece in as liners...then they picked it up very fast..not sure why..maybe i have strange rats...

Ahwell.

Ill shurup lol

Good luck !

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
LOL

I guess we just like to see ourselves talk ;)

But maybe if litter-training doesn't work, I'll try your method!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts