Rat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just wondering, i love my two i call hairless but are they hairless or double rex?

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
Double rex is also referred to as patchwork (since the hair usually falls out and comes back in in patches). Hairless will usually just have light fuzz on the face. It comes down to what mom and dad were. Two rex parents = double rex. Two hairless or hairless recessive parents = hairless. From what I've seen of your rats, I'd say they're hairless.

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
mom was a pew dumbo dad was a blue berkshire dumbo both were fuzzy thease are the first hairless the shop has had in 4 years and were total flukes

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks i was just wondering :) i like the face fuzzies but they do fall out and rotate

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
Yeah, if it was the case that both parents were standard coated then they both carried the hairless gene as a recessive and probably produced about 1/4 hairless in the litter. Rex is dominant and double rex is two co-dominant rex genes, so both would have to exhibit rex to actually carry the gene.

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
its highly possible i believe they were imbread the guy just keeps all his togeather and actually had rain and thunder togeather before i got them they have since been seperated and were monitoring rain for sighns of pregnancy sofar we have had luck with no sighns and its been almost 3 weeks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts