Rat Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my rat ivy has basically made this sound shes came home, and ive had her for 4 months now, but recently i feel like its been more frequent? (of maybe its just because she had a uri and now every little sound scares me) at first i thought it was bruxing but i dont think rats brux 3ish times a day? so what do you think this is? it just sounds like shes chewing something? but she doesnt have anything in her mouth…what is this sound? she was just treated for a uri but ive never seen this sound in a list of symptoms to look out for. Keep in mind this sound is not as loud irl than when u hear it in this video since i did put a microphone up to her mouth

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
ive determined that she is still sick because i heard a squeaky sound like 2 times, much more quiet than the first time she was sick, so i guess the $150+ was all a waste of money and she went to a bad vet, i knew something was off with the vet after he prescribed only baytril and for only 7-10 days in TABLETS, my mom said we will take her to a new vet after watching her for a bit to see if the symptoms persist🤦🏼‍♀️anyone have a good vet in the GTA?

·
Registered
707 Posts
I'm not sure about any good vet in that area, but yeah that definitely wasn't a good treatment plan. The first treatment you should try is 3 weeks of diluted liquid baytril twice a day. I'm sorry that vet pretended to know what they were doing, it sucks when that happens. 😣

·
Registered
187 Posts
ive determined that she is still sick because i heard a squeaky sound like 2 times, much more quiet than the first time she was sick, so i guess the $150+ was all a waste of money and she went to a bad vet, i knew something was off with the vet after he prescribed only baytril and for only 7-10 days in TABLETS, my mom said we will take her to a new vet after watching her for a bit to see if the symptoms persist🤦🏼‍♀️anyone have a good vet in the GTA?
Get a copy of Rat Health Guide by Debbie Ducommun over the internet or Amazon. The Guide is excellent and tells you how order drugs over the telephone with next day shipping and dosage information and has more information than vets know.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Get a copy of Rat Health Guide by Debbie Ducommun over the internet or Amazon. The Guide is excellent and tells you how order drugs over the telephone with next day shipping and dosage information and has more information than vets know.
I have plenty of copies if you want one

·
Registered
16 Posts
I think she is just bruxing rats brux when they are stressed or happy if it is loud she could be stressed or if it is quiet she could just be happy but I am not completely sure if she is bruxing or not here is a video of a rat bruxing see if it is similar also bruxing can just be a natural way or your rat grinding their teeth

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think she is just bruxing rats brux when they are stressed or happy if it is loud she could be stressed or if it is quiet she could just be happy but I am not completely sure if she is bruxing or not here is a video of a rat bruxing see if it is similar also bruxing can just be a natural way or your rat grinding their teeth

the video was taken right before i was going to let her run around, i assume she was happy :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts