Rat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First, I thought she was pregnant and now I don't know what! She won't let me touch her stomach still but now it's ten times worse. Soon as I pick her up she squeaks so loud.
I know that some rats do that just to get their way but when I hold her she is always in the process of pooping! -.-;
Now I think she's constapiated(sp?).
And, on top of it all, she's anti-social to my other rat. All she does is sleep in her igloo and come out to get some water.
She's fine as long as she can stay in her cage and poop.
For some odd reason I sense abuse. She cowers in the corner and refuse to come to me. She won't even come to me for a treat. I got her from PetSmart and my other rat I got there is a sweetheart.
I have to catch her and soon as I do, she poops. And now...she isn't pooping. -.-!

She's a dumbo rat and about four months old.
If anyone has any information on how to correct this behavior, it would be wonderful.
If you need anymore information, please ask.

Sorry for being so pestering,
I've never had such a difficult rat. :<
but, she's such a cutie!

·
Registered
981 Posts
I don't think I'd say abuse so much as never being socialized. It sounds like she's terrified of you and being picked up.

If you think something is medically wrong with her, then definitely take her to the vet. However, I have a feeling if you handle her for a half hour every day for a while she'll get used to you. My squeaky rat squeaks a lot less than she used to nowadays.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
She'll let me hold her but as soon as I pick her up she squeaks like I'm gonna try to eat her something! o_O;
I talk to her and give her treats, which she happily takes. I'm thinking about taking her to the vet because I think there might be something wrong with her digestive system.
Considering, my other rat, is perfectly healthy and they both get the same food.
Although, next time I get them some different food just to make sure. :]

·
Registered
549 Posts
mollylovesherrat said:
She'll let me hold her but as soon as I pick her up she squeaks like I'm gonna try to eat her something! o_O;
I talk to her and give her treats, which she happily takes. I'm thinking about taking her to the vet because I think there might be something wrong with her digestive system.
Considering, my other rat, is perfectly healthy and they both get the same food.
Although, next time I get them some different food just to make sure. :]
My boy Justin just stopped squeaking last week, and Ive had him since June... If thats the only problem I wouldn't worry to much about it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts