Rat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Houdini - Because he escaped his cage within the first few hours I had him home
Ryker - a friend actually named him... something to do with it meaning a speedy runner (or something, I forget)
Alfie - he came with it
Sinead - she's a naked with attitude!
Evaleen - I was looking at celtic/irish names and this one popped out at me
Isabeal - likewise ^
Phoebe - A friend named her, but it totally fits. We had been watching "Friends' on netflix, and the little rat was being spastic and kinda ditzy.
Pipsqueak - She's the smallest of my girls, and she had a URI, so was squeaking a lot.
Anita - Named after a character in my favorite series. She's fearless and has no qualms about jumping five feet from me to the cage, or back to me. Much like the character in the series.
Inuyasha - Named after an anime. He's a blue hooded dumbo, and about half an half color wise. Much like Inuyasha is a half demon
Sesshomaru - A blue berk, and Yasha's littermate. He's quiet, and I immediately compared him to the anime character. Mostly blue (you can see no white on his belly unless you turn him over), and when I first brought him home he was reserved (not so much anymore).
Shippo - Same anime. He's the spastic hyper goofy one. And he's an agouti rex and freaking adorable.

and I have other girls but I have yet to name them.. :(

·
Registered
194 Posts
Lupin - after Prof Remus Lupin of Harry Potter, partially because I like the name/character and partially because I feel there is too much animal in such a small body!
Albus - he is a calm, slower Himalayan (so mostly white such as Albus' beard/hair) despite being young. I feel it fits him well and he will be a great lap rat when he matures
Lily - cute name for a shy, reserved girl yet confident with the boys just like Lily Potter

·
Registered
604 Posts
Baby-I adopted her and her mother and no matter how many names I came up with none of them fit. So I called her The Baby and it stuck!

Duke-He came with it and it fit.

Hartley-He was named Stevie and I have an Uncle Stevie so that didn't work lol. So I noticed a heart shape on his but and came up with that.

Cheshire-It was the first name my sister said and I fell in love.

Renegade-He is a wild child. The urban dictionarys definition was Rebel/outlaw and it was perfect for him. He is a big troublemaker. =)

·
Registered
35 Posts
Well Louie is what I named mine.. bc I was thinking of the fat, hungry rat for ratatouille. Plus he was kinda bigger than the siblings so fat louie really stuck out. Later discovered Louie is actually a female... so now she is Louie or Lou Lou. She responds to Louie and it still suits her.

·
Registered
2,871 Posts
I name all of my female rats after awesome female characters.

Prue, Piper, Phoebe are all from the show Charmed. They are sisters.
Khaleesi, Daenerys, Cersei, Sansa are all from Game of Thrones.
Yuna is from Final Fantasy
Rey is from Star Wars
Meg, Charlie, Dean & Sam are all from the show Supernatural
Remy is from Ratatouille
Malygos is from World of Warcraft
Blue is because he is blue...
Max I let my nephew name.

·
Registered
673 Posts
I am not gonna name past rats...as id b typing on this tablet forever...not easy.
My current babies:
Golden Champagne: her hood is the color of champagne and i read it from a book and liked it. Shes mostly Champ for short
Tinker: read it from a book and liked it. Besides...shes a trouble maker and always...tinkering���� lol. Nickname is Tinky...mostly
Birchtree: i love birch trees. Shes as beautiful as a birch tree 2. They all r. Mostly shes called Birch or BB or BT

·
Registered
64 Posts
Baby Sophia-- found here at my towns locks breeder and she had 5 older brothers and was in horrible condition
Adeline-- looking for a new rat and she was the first one I saw in the petsmart store
Hope-- was also a petsmart rat she was the most unique one I seen and I have always wanted a silver fawn hooded.
Rosa-- was my sisters but she never took care of her.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Sushi - I'd had Sushi for lunch the day I picked her up and the name just stuckPirate - originally Athena then was going to be Wasabi but it didn't fit, she has one eye and my housemate jokingly called her Pirate. It stuck.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I adopted 4 females from a rescue and 1 neutered male. Then I adopted two more girls from someone else. Four of my girls are dark brown with white on the underside. Pretty hard to tell apart.

The first 4 were rescued and three of them were pregnant (when they got to the rescue). One of the brown girls I named Shy Mama because she seemed shy, the other brown girl has some white up on her side so her name is Checkers. The other two are named Misty who is a blue/grey Berkshire (like a misty day), and Mercy who is a tan hooded, not sure why I named her Mercy.

The neutered male is a pink eyed white (PEW). Since his eyes are red, I named him Rojo which is red in Spanish.

The younger two I adopted are also dark brown and white berkshires like the older two females. They are sisters. One is called Latte the other Chip. Chip has a piece out of her ear, hence her name. Her sister I named Chocolate so both of them together are Chocolate Chip. Latte comes from Choc - o - latte.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Nameless - Me and the hubby tried deciding on a name for him for a week, but all attempts at a "proper" name were stopped when our little furball started responding and coming when called to Nameless.

Nugget - He came with this name, but it fits him so perfectly! He is our fat little Nugget, and is also gold (gold nugget... haha) so it stayed.

·
Registered
863 Posts
My albino rat was 5 weeks old when I brought her home. I set up her cage with some Carefresh and a blue plastic igloo. She was terrified from a 10-hour car trip across the state, and from being separated from her brothers and sisters. So she barricaded herself in the igloo using the Carefresh. I called her Nanook of the North as a joke, since she wouldn't come out of her igloo. Plus she's all white like a polar bear :) Later I tried to think of a better name, but what's more original than Nanook?:D

·
Registered
994 Posts
Merry and Pippin- both from Lord of the Rings, their silly antics remind me of the characters.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Splinter - after master splinter from ninja turtles
Remmy - Ratatooli
Ruben - my mum named him
Ronnie and Reggie - older boys so mum named them after some old gansters
Peanut and pumpkin - because they are cute names

·
Registered
18 Posts
Blueberry- we call her Blue mostly. When I picked her and her sis up I fed her Blueberries in the car ride home and she LOVED them. So I called her Blueberry. Also it's cute. Meelo- I'm a nerd and it's the name of a character from Legend of Korra and I like it and it's cute and fun to say. I had a list of character names I wanted to use from multiple shows I love and Meelo just fit her the best. Turns out Meelo; pronounced as it sounds/Mílo, is the Greek pronunciation of the word for Apple. So I have Blueberry and Apple. Now I feel like I have to continue the theme with my next two rats.

·
Registered
119 Posts
My rats:
Boys:
Duncan Qual Phillips [american blue agouti dumbo]
Wasp [dove odd-eye dumbo]
El Fog [BE marten dumbo]
Samur [siamese dumbo]
Kaiser [agouti dwarf dumbo]
Defib [b&w dwarf dumbo]
Psych [b&w dwarf dumbo]
Xan (short for Xanax) [silvermane dumbo]
Cube [pearl merle dumbo]
Nilo [roan/husky fancy]

Girls:
Axel [agouti dumbo]
Curly Fry [siamese velveteen]
Petalev [russian blue dumbo]
Kohl [dwarf b&w dumbo]
Gin [cinnamon pearl fancy]
Dean Shiva [american blue silky dumbo]
Freya [pearl merle dumbo]
Cyborg [dove odd-eye dumbo]
Howl [mink odd eye fancy]
Pyro [silvermane dumbo]
Umbra [RE marten dumbo]
180 [b&w dwarf rex]

·
Registered
53 Posts
Sugar- because she is the most affectionate rat I have ever met.
Spice- because she is always hogging and stealing food from sugar and she is still a great rat, but is not as affectionate as sugar

1 - 20 of 35 Posts