Rat Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any thoughts on which blue she is (dark american or russian)? No silvering (white hairs) but I can't tell if her coat is ticked or not. All siblings and mother were this shade of blue (but with different markings). Her name is Buttercup btw and she is my favorite... The best people-oriented temperament of all my rats. :)

·
Registered
908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! I was hoping she was Russian blue... her coat seems to have different "tones" which matches the description.

·
Premium Member
4,287 Posts
Definitly russian blue, british/american blue has a more translucent bluey look, russian is more purple tones.

·
Registered
908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks! That would explain why all 4 siblings that I have are the same shade of blue as well. I remember reading that Russians are all the same shade and don't vary like the americans do.

Thanks again for your input!

·
Premium Member
4,287 Posts
Russian shades can vary a fair bit in reality. They can be quite pale right up to a really stealy blue. One of my current lads is apparently the show standard shade (at least to the judge on Saturday lol) but I've had other shades to. Yours are likley similar as they ate related

1 - 6 of 6 Posts