Rat Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so its been 4 days since i took Luna to the vet and she is doing real well. I read on the receipt and print out they gave me the injection was something called "Invermectin". I really think it's helping her skin has cleared up so quick she has almost no scabs and she is scratching a lot less. Even her sneezing and odd noises went down. I switched her bedding to a fleece blanket. Apparently they make little ferret ones only a couple bucks. She seems to be doing great! However I still dont know how much longer I have to wait until I can start introductions. I called the vet office because they left me a message saying they were following up to see how Luna was doing. It was one of the nice nurses. But when I called today the lady on the phone sounded like she really didn't care and was very unhelpful. I said yes I was calling for a follow up about my rat. "She was so unenthusiastic all she said was oh ok how is your rat now. I said well she is doing a lot better skin has cleared up but I am wondering how long she has to wait until I introduce her to my other rat. She said oh uhhh until her medication is done. I said well she only got one injection so she said oh well then until her skin gets better. Im like um ok thanks. And So I still have no clue. I mean in three days she will have been in quarantine for three weeks. But thats just since I have had her. Not since she got the injection. What should I do? She looks great but How will I know? How long should I wait?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts