Rat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Should I get my single male neutered and introduce him to my two females? Or should I get him another male friend? OR should I leave him alone(I know you guys don't like that idea) But he seems to be content being a single rat and gets lots of out-time.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
be careful with introducing two males. How old is he? if he is older get a ypoung or baby rat and if he is younger any age should be fine make sure that the place you get him from has a welcome back policy so that after the quarintine period and the time it takes to introduce them if things don't work out you can take him back (most pet stores only have a 14 day policy which is only the time it takes for quarrintine introductions can take as long as a month depending on rats. Also be sure to have a spare cage to keep the new boy in untill introductions go well do some research in intro's not all methods wirk (hence why i have seven boys in four different cage spaces)

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Also be careful introducing a baby rat to an adult male rat - it can be very risky. I think it depends on the age of your male, really. If he is older, I would go with getting another male rat and introduce them very carefully, rather than put him through an operation. If he's younger, then perhaps go for the op and put him with the girls.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts