Rat Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last night my rat Talia didnt have much energy and wasnt eating much and starting making clicking noises. I think shes about 5-6 months old and last week she weighed 217g's. I gave her some grapes with honey and she then she seemed ok.

Today in the morning when i checked on her she had almost no energy again and she was cold and shes getting skinny. She well walk around for a few seconds but thats it and when she breathes almost her body moves. Shes barely eating or drinking. She wont eat her food pellets. Ived tried giving her cucumber and cereal and cheese and she well only eat grapes and shes eaten maybe 5 all day. Ive been giving her water with a syringe and i gave her a little bit of ibuprofen in it which seemed to help some. I took her for a 30 minute car ride and she seemed to like going in the car. Shes peed twice today and both times her pee was really dark and she hasnt pooped at all today.

Ive been holding her all day to keep her warm and to watch what shes eating and drinking. I could only find one vet open today and its $155 just for a checkup and i really cant afford that right now. Im not sure about prices for other places so im not sure i can take her tomorrow and if i can afford it then id have to wait until night because thats the only time i can get a drive and theres no bus. I cant even weigh her to see if she lost any weight, my scale is packed because Im moving in a few days. Is there anything that i can do for her or give her?

Should i leave her in the cage with my other 2 females over night or separate her? I have an aquarium i could use or i could try to block off a part of the cage for her

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I was going to try giving her pedialyte so i went to the store to get some. When i came back she was just laying on a shelf and i took her out and trying to give her some and before i could give any to her she died in my hands

·
Registered
38 Posts
I am so sorry for your loss. I think even if you could of gotten her to a vet it still would of likely been to late. Sometimes unfortunately our pets can get so sick so fast that you aren't able to help them. I think the best thing is that you were there when she passed! I think you did what you could, all I can say is that I'm so sorry for your loss!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts