Rat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well most of you know about my rat cheese had 2 babies on july 16th and they are just starting to nibble on moms food. Cheeses rat food and dog food is hard and i was wondering what I could give them that would be easier for them to eat... I know that they love sliced cheese, peas and lettuce:)

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok theses where taken yesterday i believe.....

Attachments

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
all 3 of them

Attachments

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Arn't they cutE!!! Wait these where taken the day before yesterday

Attachments

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Baby rats have teeth and can eat the harder foods, but they will enjoy things like baby cereal, baby food (the kind in jars), pieces of chicken, scrambled eggs and all that good stuff. The things you feed mama to keep her milk production up is good for the babies, too.

What do you feed mama? I think I see some corn... a seed mix...?

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well I have her on "fiesta" and dog food right now but I'm working on a grain mix. And she gets whatever I eat.... and some fruits and veggies

·
Registered
520 Posts
Make sure she is getting extra protein... eggs, chicken, etc.

Grain mix - the sooner the better!

Which dog food?

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
I crush the large rat blocks already because my spolied brats won't it them in there large form anyway... so for the babies, I crushed them up finer.

Yours are just 3 days younger they my 4 babies. Mine were born on the 13th & they are already picking up larger pieces. I hear them gnashing on the larger pieces so I'm giving the blocks a few less whacks with a hammer now.

They are also picking at the various seeds & grains in the mix that I give in small amounts.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sparker said:
Make sure she is getting extra protein... eggs, chicken, etc.

Grain mix - the sooner the better!

Which dog food?
"adult nutro choice lite" or something like that...

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
because this is her first litter and they tend to be smaller.

·
Registered
26 Posts
wow I had no idea that first litters are smaller! That really puts me at peace, I had read that they can have anywhere from 6-24 babies and I was freaking out. Bigglesworth, My hairless is only about 2 months old, so I'm hoping there wont be a ton of them.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
well you never know because cheese(rat) had 2 babies then swiss went and had 9 but only 4 survived... but you never know

·
Registered
520 Posts
Good choice on the dog food.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts