Rat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do u guys recommend, I have a about 6ish month old rat, Flynn, and my very old senior Charlie, and F has taken to bullying C, I've separated them and it seems F was keeping C from the food and water for the most part, I feel terrible C was goin through that, I'm not sure what to do about Flynn,he has not been leaving injury, but he is being a bully and C is way too old to deal with this

Do u think maybe this will get better when I eventually introduce new boys to the cage? (I'm in talks with a new breeder rn, but litters are still 1-2 months out. Should I neuter? What are you experiences with neutered males, and behavioral issues?

Flynn was one of two I got from another breeder but I had to send his brother back because he was developing harmful, injury causing agressive behavior

I'm not sure what to do rn, what do u suggest

·
Registered
215 Posts
What do u guys recommend, I have a about 6ish month old rat, Flynn, and my very old senior Charlie, and F has taken to bullying C, I've separated them and it seems F was keeping C from the food and water for the most part, I feel terrible C was goin through that, I'm not sure what to do about Flynn,he has not been leaving injury, but he is being a bully and C is way too old to deal with this

Do u think maybe this will get better when I eventually introduce new boys to the cage? (I'm in talks with a new breeder rn, but litters are still 1-2 months out. Should I neuter? What are you experiences with neutered males, and behavioral issues?

Flynn was one of two I got from another breeder but I had to send his brother back because he was developing harmful, injury causing agressive behavior

I'm not sure what to do rn, what do u suggest
I wouldn't expect Flynn's behavior to change much with the new ratties ... they'll still be babies and easier to bully.
Neutering may help (from what I've heard).
You may just have to have two cages - to split up Flynn & Charlie.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Could you run them through intros again? If you can get them to tolerate each other in a small space where they must touch and share resources that tolerance might extend to rerelease back into the big cage.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts