Rat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am needing some suggestions on what to give our little guys to chew. We have the little blocks for our one rat but not the other two. The holder that we have is too high.

I was wondering other things that can be given to rats to help with their chewing.

One of our little guys keeps chewing one of the zip ties holding one corner of their hammock.

ONE MORE WEEK OF QUARENTINE !!!! I cannot wait to get them together.

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Dyed wooden blocks... hardwood blocks... But some chewers are just always chewers. :?

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Wood chews and toys (so many out there specifically for rodents), branches (apple wood seems to be a favorite, but make sure you either buy those specifically for rodents, or that they come from a tree that's untreated), natural wood bird perches (my rescues LOVE them), cardboard boxes, natural wicker balls (they LOVE these)...

That's just some stuff off the top of my head.

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Ah, yes, cardboard boxes. They love to hide in them so much and then they destroy them. I just don't understand them sometimes. :lol:

·
Registered
489 Posts
My girls get boxes, bird toys, they chew their cage, haha and they tend to chew the string that holds their hammock

·
Registered
32 Posts
I give My rats the little wooden fruits to chew their cheap and they last quitle a while.
My rats like the Banana best :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts