Rat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
BABY PICTURE

I'm thinking of adopting him BUT I'm afraid he will look too rat like for my mom. AKA, the sewer rat or a New York rat.

Any pictures of an adult version?
Male or female.

·
Registered
482 Posts
I disagree actually, with albino rats I think people get creeped out easier, the red eyes, the pink tails etc. My parents quite like my boys because "they look more like mice or hamsters". Wrong reason to like them, but I think brown rats look quite sweet.

I love all rats, albinos are beautiful, and hairless are lovely in a jellybaby kind of way.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Oh, I can't stand hairless. As much as I love rats, I don't squirm all over when it comes to Hairless. I'm just worried that because he is a male, he will be extra brown rat like. And we fostered a PEW and she liked her. So I don't think its the eyes, its just her imagining the New York rat.

I need more convincing images of a cute brown rat.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have and I just didn't see any that looked like they were pets, I asked here so I could see interaction pictures of friendly pictures.

·
Registered
3,509 Posts
At the end of the day, a rat's a rat I guess. Maybe a'rat' looking rat is just what your mum needs to come around to all rats in general?

·
Registered
330 Posts
just tell her that the little rat still needs a home no matter how ratty he looks, and all in all rats are rats like Ration1802 said

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Kismet is agouti, but she's not as dark as some, especially in pictures. I hope these pictures are both "rat" enough and "pet" enough to win over your mom ^_^

^ Baby pics. She's darker now (plus she's kinda rexy, that's why her back looks a little bare in the second pic)

^ Grooming my finger ^_^

^ Trying to drink through a straw

^ Agoutis make lovely hats!

^ I bet your mom didn't know that Cherry Coke is agouti-endorsed ^^

Yay for threads that provide an excuse to post cute pictures! :D

If those don't appease your mom that rat-looking rats aren't as cute and make as good pets as other colors, let me know and I'll get some more pictures of Kismet ;)

·
Registered
216 Posts
Kismet is adorable! Look at those ears!! 8O
I think that no matter the color, if a rat has dumbo ears, it just can't look ratty. I cannot tell, is that baby a dumbo?

·
Registered
216 Posts
Maybe not. But those ears are to die for. The remind me of how dumbos seem to me to have an eternal baby rattie look about them.

·
Registered
520 Posts
I agree. I hate to show preference, but dumbos make my heart melt. I have three...

·
Registered
549 Posts
She does make a very nice hat :)

·
Registered
216 Posts
Oh! I just had a thought. :idea: Stop calling the rat 'brown.' Call it leather or cocoa, or cafe or chocolate or something delicious like that. That might help take the "rattiness" out of the color.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts