Rat Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I sort of stole this from the ferret forum.

Share what your kids got for their fresh foods today. I know lots of people, me included, get a bit carried away and I thought it would be fun to share!

Tonight my rats got cottage cheese, watermelon, and banana, with a bit of cinnamon on it.

·
Registered
953 Posts
This morning they got a little cream of wheat and pomegranate. This evenings dinner was salmon sprinkled with sage and a little lemon, brown and wild rice and baked sweet potato that had a lil olive oil drizzled on it. Humans got the same but with salt, pepper and lil butter. :)

·
Registered
581 Posts
Something new for my babies today; baby food (If that counts as fresh food? ._. As for vegetables, they got tomato not too long ago XD). My vet said I should try and bulk Neera up some, since she hasn't grown much because of her infections. So, Dela and Neera got a treat tonight. Surprisingly, Neera loves it and ate all of the amount she needed to right off the bat and then a bit more. Dela loved it even more and actually bruxed when I would give it to her, she got so happy! Of course, Dela's also in heat tonight so she was running around like crazy while I gave her some. XD

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes, that counts. I figured any of their extras that they get other than blocks count.

I haven't done the food tonight but probably going to head for the oatmeal and cottage cheese, and bananas again. It's snowing here and I get all comfort food obsessed so hence the oats.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Mine had boiled egg last night, and grapes for dessert. Rascal managed to grab a piece of my cream cheese...I had a chicken with cream cheese and sweet chili sauce burrito for dinner. I've learned to eat my dinner quite fast as he loves attacking my plate. Justin doesn't bother much, but Rascal sits next to me at dinner time.

·
Registered
953 Posts
Todays menu was homemade minestrone for dinner-overly heavy on the herbs cause I love oregano. (beef, kale, spinach, parsley, oregano, thyme, basil, green beans, kidney beans, sweet potato, garlic, celery, red pepper) The humans got Parmesan on theirs. This morning they got some left over pasta-plain veggie ones. Midday they got a few raw kale leaves and parsley sprigs.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Interested in this thread as a newbie and finding what foods I can give to my girls. I have two that are a year or a bit younger. How much should I be giving them each day? I have two of those forrage balls for birds that I hang in different places in their cage. In each ball I've been putting 1 lettuce leaf, two baby carrots, about 10 or so plain cherrios and half a plain rice cake. Is this too much, not enough?

·
Registered
219 Posts
That sounds like an acceptable amount. Try changing up the foods too. Different ones have different vitamins, nutrients and health benefits.
The rule of thumb that I go by is about 1/4 cup of fresh food per rat per day.

Today the Munchkins are having mixed veggies (green beans, peas, corn and lima beans), kale with a few drops of olive oil, blueberries and yellow and green squash.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.