Rat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there, I'm new to these forums. My reason for joining was to share information and stories with fellow rat owners and learn more of course of these lovable little creatues..

I currently own a grey/cream Hooded rat. I got him about a month ago and I am very attached to him already. His names Alfonso and he knew his name within 2 days and comes me when I call him. I never knew that rats would be such loving, cuddly, and intelligent pets.

I also own a Violet chinchilla named Mandy with champion fur. (Both Alfonso and Mandy in seperate cages respectively)

The reason I got a rat is because when i was introducing Mandy (shes a female) to my friends male chinchilla for breeding, I noticed that my friend owned a rat as well. And I was thinking, gosh, why would you want a rat? Then I went over to the rat, it came right up to me and stood up sniffing my finger through the cage and licking my finger. It wouldn't stop trying to get my attention so I picked the little thing up and it was such a kind creature I knew I had to have one.

I would now rather take a rat over a dog anyday! haha and even though I've had my chinchilla for more than a year, I already notice that my rat is more intelligent and kind than my chinchilla!

Anyways, hope to be making some friends and learning new things here!

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Rats are very social. :lol:

Good luck with your new rattie (ref to other thread. :) )

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Hello Cyke, welcome to the forums!

Please take a brief moment to read the site rules and enjoy your stay! :)

·
Registered
798 Posts
Welcome to the forum! You should consider adopting a friend for alfonso, he'll benefit from it more than you could imagine :) and i also share your love for rats over dogs now. my dog is a pain, my rats are just nutty :D

·
Registered
236 Posts
Welcome!
Though I love my dog to pieces, I think rats are pretty awesome! My mom doesn't understand how I can love my rats so much more then dogs.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts