Rat Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's 9pm here and I can't go to the vet...I don't think they could help, anyway...
I have a feeling my boy won't make it through the night.

This evening when I took him out to play, he couldn't move right. It was like he was poisoned or something; his body wouldn't move how he wanted it to. His limbs shook and he could barely walk. He fell over a lot too :( I offered him applesauce and immediately moved him to a quiet area where he could be alone. He tried to eat the applesauce but couldn't work his head or mouth and just rubbed his face in it. :( :( Now he is just laying still, breathing slowly. He doesn't respond when I pet him. I don't know what is wrong, he was fine earlier this morning and hasn't shown any signs of illness (no sneezing, no porphyrin) since I first got him. When I let him play on my bed I watch him the whole time so he doesn't chew/eat anything odd. Nothing has happened between this morning and tonight that would do this do him.

He's only 3 months old!!!
I don't even know what this sickness is.

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Sounds like a possible stroke to me. Strokes can be treated and recovered from, if they're minor, but this one sounds pretty bad. :(

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
he's still alive...he can drag himself around and i think he has a little more control over where he is trying to go. i offered him a yogurt drop and he took a few nibbles (he couldn't hold it so i had to) and i offered him the water bottle and he drank for a while. most of the time he just sleeps...

i don't know if he can recover from this or if i should have him put to sleep :(
he's doing slightly better today but it still looks bad

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
no improvement...i called all the vets and only two are even willing to look at him given his situation, and even they said the best option was euthanasia since he will probably need to be hand fed/watered until he passes

but he's still fighting to live...

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
RIP Skunk
you are missed...
i wish i could have done more for you
i hope you enjoyed your time with me and your brothers

1 - 11 of 11 Posts