Rat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Or do you theme your rats names? When me and my brothers were choosing the rat names we didn't think to theme them. But I think that themes are fun and next time I must buy rats I will theme the names.

I think that a Star Wars theme would be cute. You could name a pair of rats R2D2 and C3PO, which could probably work for either gender, and Han, Luke, Obi-Wan, Jabba, Vader, Yoda, Chewie, and Anakin could work as mostly boy rat names but some could also be girl rat names. Also, there's Padme and Leia for girl rats and Jar Jar could work for a spazzy rat. And Ewok is also a cute name. Cheese is also a cute theme. Brie, Cream, Cheddar, Mozzarella (Mozzie or Mozza for short), Jack, Paneer, Havarti, Swiss, Feta and Bruschetta could all be rattie names. And candy is also a good theme... there are all sorts of good candy names. Chip, Bounty, Choco, KitKat, Snickers, Lolly, Tic Tac... the possibilities are pretty much endless. What theme did you use? What are your ratties names? What names did you consider? Maybe we can inspire some people for rat names :D

·
Registered
8,526 Posts
Greek names for me -- dual purpose, since I'm studying philosophy and they represented good luck in ancient greek.
I chose "Remus" and "Caius". Remus made me think harry potter, a favorite old book. Caius made me thing Gaius (alternate spelling) which is a character from Merlin.
I then nicknamed a litter of 13: Eos, Peony, Elias, Chara, Circe, Persephone, Kairos, Demetria, Milo, Artemis, Echo, Apollo, Athena.

I try to name my rats smart. My boyfriend thinks that's weird, but I have parakeets and feel they need silly names: Blueberry, Houdini, Whisper, Sheldon. Then, dogs should have human-y names: Serenity, Millie, Mia.

·
Registered
880 Posts
A friend once told me that I had to give my rats posh names since they're posh animals! Thus, Thaddius and Athos were born...Badger was a bit of a cop out, because he just looked so much like a tiny badger, I couldn't call him anything else!

My boyfriend and I were having a conversation last night though...we thought it would have been fun to name our rats after font types! We'd have Helvetica, Tahoma, Arial, etc....and our Badger would be named Wingdings! :D

·
Registered
522 Posts
I usually name my pets after tv show characters. My first two were named after babies from tv shows. (Holly from Breaking Bad and Judith from Walking Dead). But after Holly died I got Judith a buddy named Ygritte because I love her character in Game of Thrones.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
358 Posts
I really wanted to name all my rats thief or mischief type names. I wanted Loki and Riften, but I was playing around with Hermes, Coyote, Puck, Pan, Crow, Kupa (Mythology) Styx or Shade. Assassins from books, movies and games or any type of shadow creature(Jack, Vlad, Altair, Ezio, Pyjack...ect). Boyfriend wanted to name them Pepper(Loki) because of the black spots and and Ego(Nimbus) because he liked sleeping in Ego boxes. I wasn't having that. In the end, we battled over names for a week.

Totally would of done a Mass Effect theme if boyfriend let me

·
Registered
240 Posts
If I ever get more rats, I'll name them after Harry Potter characters :)

·
Registered
12 Posts
I think I'm going to name mine after famous monsters. Mythology, Old stories, Cryptozoology, Religious Monsters... the sources are endless! I'm thinking of Grendel and Dragon for the pair of boys I want, but I'm not sure.

·
Registered
996 Posts
All my boys have been named after Disney (or Disney-ish) characters. Gus Gus from Cinderella, Tantor from Tarzan, Cricket (who I no longer have) was named for Crick-ee from Mulan (he was also called that) and Jiminy Cricket, and Bartok is named after a bat from the movie Anastasia which wasn't a Disney movie, but was very Disney-ish.

My girls have mostly been named for color... Peaches and Cream are beige. Silver is a very silvery blue (when I was choosing her at the pet store, I kept calling her "the silver one" and it stuck). Eevee is brown with big ears like the Pokemon Eevee... and I just thought it fit her because she reminded me of a little puppy and Eevee is a little puppy Pokemon.

·
Registered
200 Posts
My current rats were all named after tv characters. The girls were named after female characters with boys nicknames ( Fred from Angel, Mac from Veronica Mars, and Chuck from Pushing Daisies). In college I had two boys named after rats in children's books (Stuart from Stuart Little, although not technically a rat, and Justin from The Secret of NIMH)

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
I have two themes going with my rats.
3 of my rats are named after game of thrones characters and 3 are named after food/beverages and then there is Lightning because he has a lightning bolt on his face.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I'm doing z names - right now I have Zhiva and Zinnia, but if I ever get more I'm thinking Zulu, Zipper, Zane, and Zed. :)

·
Registered
748 Posts
I don't really have a theme (Stitch & Beau) but my mom wanted to name Beau 'Lilo'. I wouldn't do it because he's a boy :) the font idea is really awesome!!! If I had a pair of hairless I'd name them Gillette and Scarlet (o hairless) haha. Nice names everyone!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I decided to go with names that had to do with constellations since stars have always held great interest for me. One of my rats is named Castor, being one of the stars of Gemini. Although, my mum and sister call him Cas for short.(They're both Supernatural fans.) While the other is named Corvus which is a small constellation that means crow.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I love all of these awesome theme names :)
My two girls are named after characters from Les Miserables (it's one of my favourite books) - Fantine and Eponine.

·
Registered
27 Posts
My theme was Precious jewels. Diamond, Sapphire, Ruby, Esmerlda (Spanish for Emerald) and possibly pearl or onyx. At least that'll be the thee if I decide to adopt more rats to go with Diamond.

·
Registered
346 Posts
I didn't do a theme this time with my boys but in the past I did have 2 brothers named James and Sirius from Harry Potter. I'm thinking of doing a theme from Romeo and Juliet next time :)

·
Registered
221 Posts
Boomer and Athena are from the show Battlestar Galactica, and Pip and Squeak we chose because it just sounded cute :)

1 - 20 of 73 Posts