Rat Forum banner

21 - 40 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
I want to name my rats Sherlock and John, or possibly Molly and Irene, obviously from Sherlock. .u. I was also thinking of naming them after characters of my novel I'm working on.

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
I always love pets named after food! Noodle, Jelly Bean, Pancakes, Mochi, Azuki, Spaghetti, Mushroom etc. Just really ridiculous names! When I was younger (and still now!) I wanted to breed rats (just once, and keep ALL the babies and have a lovely mischief of ratties). I wanted the mother to be named Wild Flower, and I would name all the babies after flora. Birch, Willow, Poppy, Buckthorn, Snowdrop, Daffodil, Chestnut, Blackberry, Hawthorn, Holly etc. Of course, anything like that won't be happening for a long long time!

·
Registered
190 Posts
Ocean themed, for me :) My pair of rats will be Jetty and Coral. My cats name is Reef, too!

·
Registered
449 Posts
I'm so bad with themes!! I intended to name all my boys after artists, but Dexter never found one that seemed right. If I get another boy rat, I'll name him after an inspirational artist, like my little Marcel (Duchamp). Maybe I'll name a boy "R. Mutt" after Duchamp's infamous urinal piece. ;) All my artist friends would get a kick out of it, haha.

Chardonnay got her name because... I like chardonnay, haha. Maybe if I have future rats they'll get named after spirits and wines (true to my college student nature, hehehe)

·
Registered
69 Posts
All my girls have fruit names Apple, Kiwi, Mango, Tomato, and Plum. The boys were going to have snack names as my first 2 are Chip and Dip but my newest little boy didn't seem to fit with anything so he ended up being Ryder :)

·
Registered
906 Posts
Past Rats:

MALES. - Named after things... And songs. Yeah songs. We will go with that.
Jack.
Sensi.
Diesel.
Skunk.
Cheech.
Franklin - Franklin's Tower.

FEMALES. - Named after songs.
Ruca - Waiting For My Ruca.
Honey - Sweet Honey.
Ruby - Ruby Soho.
Magnolia - Sugar Magnolia.

Current Males:
Cumberland - Like Cumberland Blues.
Rexxxy - Like Rexxxy is Sexxxy.
Clint Eastwood - Because he is a bad boy.
Nigel - It was his current name. He's like Nigel Thorneberry lol.
Astro - Like AstroBoy, because I am a nerd.

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
I name my rats names that are suited to them when I get them. I usually name them within the first week of having them and I never name them before I meet them! I go based on the way they look, and the "feel" I get from them. The names I pick are mostly human-based too, but I try to pick names that aren't too common human names really.

·
Registered
81 Posts
In the past, I named my rats from Mythology -- Leto (she was a secret, I thought it was hilarious) and Demeter -- once. Once I found a little male rat right before a hurricane hit, so I named him after it (Charley).

I briefly had a little female named Annie, named after various Annies.

My current boys are Shawn and Gus, named after the characters on the USA TV show Psych.

I intend to go back to my usual naming form with my next bubs. Usually, I go with ridiculous, over-the-top fancy names that eventually devolve into nicknames based on personality. Heh.

·
Registered
1 Posts
All of my rats have been named after characters from Miyazaki movies. Currently I have a Patsu ( Castle in the sky), Ponyo (Ponyo) and a Yuki (The Cats Return). I have previously had a Totoro (My neightbour Totoro), Teto (Naasica: Valley of the wind) and two others who were named after Japanese words "Chiisai" meaning small or little andBūtsu meaning "boots".

·
Registered
906 Posts
Luciferelle, you rock! Miyazaki films are amazing and to name your rats after characters/titles is an awesome idea!!

·
Registered
191 Posts
I've seen many people name their rat's after gems, ie; Topaz, Diamond, Onyx, Pearl, Ruby & Jade (I love the name Jade :))

·
Registered
191 Posts
Also pair foods, like peanut butter and jelly, cheese and crackers, chocolate and vanilla etc.

·
Registered
34 Posts
All my rats have been named after How I Met Your Mother characters. Lily, Robin (who passed away), and Quinn

21 - 40 of 70 Posts