Rat Forum banner

41 - 60 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
I was going to go with a To Kill a Mockingbird theme as my son is called harper, the rats were going to be Atticus & Radley, but I went with a Firefly theme we have Wash & Mal, hopefully getting a third soon to be called Jayne :)

·
Registered
144 Posts
My theme was villains :) . I have two rats Dagon and sinestro. Dagon is an elder god from lovecraftien lore, and sinestro is a villain from the green lantern/DC universe. Thinking of picking up another rat and naming him Dexter after the show.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
191 Posts
ooh another idea (hope this wasn't already suggested) - flower names. Daisy, Rose, Poppy (<3 that one), Lily, Holly, Jasmine etc.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I don't know if plants count as a theme? haha I named my oldest girls Holly and Ivy because I got them near Christmas time.

I named my newest girl Silver......because her coat is kinda silver.

How creative am I? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
191 Posts
@kyzer I LOVE those names!:cool: ---also for more pair names, tiki and hula (Hawaiian)

·
Registered
44 Posts
My fiance is a huge Chicago Bears fan so in order to convince him that we NEEDED rats (which of course we did) I bribed him with players names - Tillman and Perry. It should be easy to continue - I think Hester will be next. I'm even ordering some Chicago Bears fleece to make a cage set. They also live in the Bears themed "man-cave".

·
Registered
248 Posts
If Kitty has babies we plan to use a baby animal theme. I am not allowed to post the names I have in mind because is bad luck. But if one looks like Kitty you can probably guess her name!

·
Registered
215 Posts
No theme for us, but all our kids have unusual names,not just the ratties... Our four girls are called Frost (after the British comedian actor Nick Frost) Oreo (as she is white is a brown/black hood), vanilla (as she is white with a minx hood) and finally, Aslan who is champagne (as she was a brave little bugger and when we first got her she jumped onto my hands for hugs even before we had brought them)...then our boy gerbils are Shadows,Rev and Syn (after the metal band avenged sevenfold) the girl gerbils are called midnight and oasis... And finally our little girl who is a winter White Russian dwarf hamster is called Absinthe (coz when we got her she was small with a deadly bite-she doesn't anymore tho) xxxxxxx

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
I don't have a theme for my boys, way too many personalities in my rats to stick with a theme. Typically it's what ever comes to mind and fits them.

Charles got his name because I like that name. Einstein got his name because he was smart. I have no idea why Storm got his name, but it did end up fitting him quite well. Soda got his name from Soda from The Outsiders, and he still fits his name in being hyper. Bentley got his name because Bentleys look good in black (and Bentley is a Solid Black rat). Liam and Niko got their names because we like those names as well.

·
Registered
22 Posts
"Old Lady Chic." It isn't really a theme, it's just what I like and what seemed right, and they all happen to be names from another generation. I really like the idea of a pioneer matriarch just taking care of business and not messing around. I had to wait a long time for some of the names to show up. I have Ruth (Ruthie) and Louise (Lulu) and the itty bitties, Frances (Frannie) and Eleanor (....Eleanor. She could have been Nellie but she just isnt). Frances was almost Gracie. But she's just Frances.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Condiments! Right now I have Tabasco and Sriracha. When I get males I'll name them Heinz and Frank (I'm originally from Pittsburgh; Heinz ketchup and Frank's red hot).

·
Registered
16 Posts
We decided to name this pair after the brothers (Sam and Dean) in the show Supernatural. We were trying to think of brother names and with their bright pink eyes I thought the Supernatural theme was only fitting.

·
Registered
5 Posts
My rats name are condiments ! Sugar & Pepper. I know it's normally sugar and spice or salt and pepper but we decided to mix it up a bit. Sadly pepper passed away at 2 but sugar is still alive at 2 years & 6 months. She is happy and healthy! We soon hoping to get male rats and call them Alvin, Theodore, and Simon after Alvin and the chipmunks! Lovely to see how many unique names there are out there;)

·
Registered
7 Posts
"Old Lady Chic." It isn't really a theme, it's just what I like and what seemed right, and they all happen to be names from another generation. I really like the idea of a pioneer matriarch just taking care of business and not messing around. I had to wait a long time for some of the names to show up. I have Ruth (Ruthie) and Louise (Lulu) and the itty bitties, Frances (Frannie) and Eleanor (....Eleanor. She could have been Nellie but she just isnt). Frances was almost Gracie. But she's just Frances.
I don't feel quite so bad for naming my little hooded girl Eleanor. However, she doesn't really fit her classy name. Rambunctious little scamp, she is.

41 - 60 of 70 Posts