Rat Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a good rat-sized wheel I can buy online. Price not really an issue. I'd love to get some recs.

·
Registered
555 Posts
The Kaytee 12' silent spinner is pretty good. I purchased it for my rats and I love it. It doesn't make any noise at all whatsoever and it either clips onto the cage or has a stand which is handy :). They're on Amazon for pretty cheap or PetSmart has them also.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is the 6.5' too small? I could fit either but the 12' might look kind of silly. I thought the wheel just has to be at least as long as the rat?

·
Registered
573 Posts
A 12 inch wheel is the absolute smallest you can go, for an adult rat. It's better if you can get a custom made one that's larger. You can get 16", "homemade" wheels on Ebay. They're listed for chinchillas, but rats love them too.

You might want to try a "saucer" type wheel. You'll still need one that's 12 inches, but they also come in 14 inches.

Don't worry about the "silly factor"... If your rat/s enjoy having a wheel, it's what they like, not what you like.

Not all rats like or use a wheel. The ones that do like a wheel don't care what they look like. Just make sure, if you get a wheel, it's large enough to accommodate an adult rat.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the reply! I momentarily forgot that my rats are still young and getting bigger! I purchased the Kaytee 12' today, i hope they like it! If not, it was only 20 bucks.

·
Registered
908 Posts
I have 3 of the SS wheels. They seem to work well for me... At least, when my rats use them lol. They are easy to wash as well, which is important because rats tend to LOVE to pee on them. :/
Good luck with your wheel!

·
Registered
995 Posts
I dont mind my silent spinner but its definitely not completely silent lol. It doesnt squeak but kinda rattles... then again mines 3 yrs old and chipped/cracked in places! Out of the 6 rats i have owned, one was a hard core wheel lover and 2 run sometimes. The others have ignored it.

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
I have the magnum wheel for my rats. It's basically the stealth wheel, but for rats. It cost me around 50 dollars, but the price was completely worth it. It's completely silent, and my Lynn can run her marathons on it while I'm sleeping at night. I've had it for a whole year now.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts