Rat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am preparing for future ratty babies lol :

What kind of wheels do yall use for your babies?

Anyone use Stealths? I have tried Wodents for my gliders, and they get really noisy, are wire ones safe to use? (tails and toes dont get caught do they?) Should there be a wheel for each rat, or will one suffice for 2-3 babies?

What about toys, what is safe, what is not?

Hangy toys, fleece toys, Ball pits? What do your guys like the best...... I figure most parrot toys are safe... and things for ferrets as well?

Anything anyone tells me will be helpful :mrgreen:

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
I have a Silent Spinner for my boys. None of them use it, so it's rarely in the cage.

Some rats love wheels, some rats don't even seem to notice them, so I doubt you'd need more than one...

My boys like hanging toys, digging boxes, cardboard boxes, treats tied to the top of the cage... anything they can try to destroy.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Girls tend to like wheels more then the gents.
I suggest a wheel that isn't plain wire, rats can injure themselves rarely so Ide try and get a solid flat wheel. Like the silent spinner Forensic mentioned.

·
Registered
122 Posts
My boy loves running around my room seeing whet he can destroy...mostly clothes,so I have to keep a very close eye on him,he's very curious=p

·
Registered
121 Posts
The stealth wheels are super cool. They spin really easily because they have ball bearings, which means that my ratties can run faster.

They seem to really enjoy them.

I did a post on my blog about pet exercise wheels if you want to check it out:
http://www.athingortwo.info/Wheels.

I reviewed both a Wodent and Stealth.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts