Rat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so at work we got in new ratties. theres this pew i want dearly...she looks about Blue's age and is female like Blue. my mistake was naming her...so now i have marked her as mine.

my problem is.
when i picked her up, i could feel her lungs wheezing...like she had pnemonia(sp?) but later when i held her again after she had a yogie she was fine. her breathing seemed normal and she was frisky and ready to explore

also...when i was changing the substrate in her cage she was really twitchy and went and attacked another ratling. any ideas on that...

so...i dont want to get Blue or Ryan sick because i love them dearly already. and i really love this rattie...i call her Yolk. my friend wont keep her for a bit to QT and i am not even supposed to have rats at my house. so i cant really setup another cage. think it would be best to pass on her...?

·
Registered
506 Posts
Yeah One of the boys I got just about a week ago had been wheezing a bit. after three days we decided to find a way to get both to a vet. I found one place that is supposed to call tomorrow and tell me if they can help pay for it. They are both sneezing. *sigh*

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
The substrate?

Yeah, if you can't QT a sick rat or get her to the vet, you can't really afford to bring her in, as precious as she may be.

The "Gotta-Get-More-Rats" syndrome is tough, isn't it. :(

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the substrate was newspaper was aspen i think....when i rubbed it together she got twitchy and did a jumpy thing. shell have fluffy bedding now, though.

she only makes the grumble noises when she is somewhere new or angry it seems. she was fine at the store, sitting on my shoulder for a couple hours with little mishaps and a lot of adoration from people. i will be taking her to the vet sunday and she will have a cage of her own. i have a LOT of cages...so getting a Qt cage isnt hard for me.
and she is going to be housed at my friends house and handled a lot.

she likes to lick me...and eat my earrings....

and ya. after 3 she is hopefully the last. i cant afford anymore! but i should be moving out soon so ya. and the rats get to come out enough as well. because of school then to work they only get after work and days im off...about 3-20 hours where they louge around getting lazy and spoiled.
everytime more rats come in...i see one i want. i NEVER thought i would be getting a pew though...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts