Rat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8,527 Posts
Most males are calm and some are cuddly. I don't know if genetics factor in, but by 3-6 weeks you should know personality.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I've had five males and three females. All my males have been really calm. Except two. And it was just when they were babies. They calmed down after I handled them a lot. They quickly became calm squishies like the rest.

·
Premium Member
4,287 Posts
This depends on the rats. genetics play a big factor but mum as well as dad's. In the lines i work with the males aren't much different to the girls in terms of activity levels but that's how i prefer it. i want active affectionate rats not lap rats! my guys tend to slow a little around a year old but still remain active preferring short cuddle sessions with periods of exploring. At around 2 years they slow some more and tend towards more time settled with me than exploring though will still explore and climb most things a younger rat would.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.