Rat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I do every time I go to petco, since that's where I got them. I think 'Wow, they were THAT small once? My God.' XDD They really were small. Now they can still sit on my hand, but they fill the entire thing with their heads and tails poking over the side [or, in the case of the tail, curled over their backs, as they have MAJOR wheelie tails.].

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
When we got the latest addition (Baileys) we just kinda stood there for a while, looking from Baileys to Pernod...

The difference was remarkable.

Of course Baileys is doing everything in his power to catch up to his 'Brother'. (Food Thief! :lol: )

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
XD Cute.

·
Registered
546 Posts
i remember when i got my very first rats from petco, when i was 13, i think (almost eight years of rats in my life. wow.) i wasn't very knowledgeable then, i'm afraid, and i guess i picked out a girl and a boy (both from the tank labeled "female"- so i guess the staff wasn't very knowledgeable, either, come to think of it...) we got all the way home before we realized (the boy must have been scared or something), and my mom wouldn't let me keep both. (in retrospect, i realize that could have been a disaster, had i adopted a pregnant rat then. i'd have had no idea what to do.) i felt terrible for having to "return" him and get a girl instead... i suppose i wasn't too traumatized, though, since i've had many, many rats since.

it's hard to pinpoint exactly when i fell in love with rats.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I remember, just happened yesterday. I walked into Petco with my mom so she can determine if they truly are cute, and there she was, lil Jinx getting picked on by the slightly bigger rats. So I took her and now she will have a friend within the next week or so.

·
Registered
995 Posts
I got My first girl when our class ratsys had babys. :) I remember how I hung on my mom about how the 2 class girls were so cute and nice and how cute the babys are ect. ect. .... Aahhhhh the good times. :) That was about 8 years ago.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts