Rat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
[align=center]Do you take the shell off first then give it to them or let them take the shell off?[/align]

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
i crack the shells a little bit, to give them a head start. they love taking the rest of the shell off.

·
Registered
730 Posts
I've always left the shell on, it gives them a bit of a challenge and they never try to eat it.

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
SOmetimes I crumble a bit in the 'salad' I'll give them, else I usually give it to them whole so they can play with it a while and then crack it for them if they haven't managed it (they're pretty good about shoving it off the shelf and cracking it open).

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
MopyDream44 said:
I wonder what 16 rats can do to one egg 8O 8O
A LOT and FAST. when i had a couple surprise litters i gave the 14 boys and 16 girls at the time a half an egg each. the egg didn't last the hour...

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
MopyDream44 said:
I wonder what 16 rats can do to one egg 8O 8O
lol... i give my girls an egg each, that way they dont kill each other over an egg...

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
I dont see why the shell would be harmful to them, the shell has a good source of calcium in it that people use for all types of pets. Usually one would cruch the shell up or make it into a power form, but I still dont see why it would cause a rat harm. Im sure that once that shell comes off it would be the last thing on there mind either way! :)

·
Registered
346 Posts
This is one reason I'm so into Rats. They can chew thru concrete and be ok. I had a ferret for a lil while, but so many things they can eat that will cause an intestinal blockage and kill them. Wood, Rubber, Plastic, Cloth and Foam is like death if a ferret eats it, but nothing to a rat.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
[align=center]You never let your rats eat more than 5 ml of egg or ham per what? (Week, day, etc.)

[/align]

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Ratastic said:
This is one reason I'm so into Rats. They can chew thru concrete and be ok. I had a ferret for a lil while, but so many things they can eat that will cause an intestinal blockage and kill them. Wood, Rubber, Plastic, Cloth and Foam is like death if a ferret eats it, but nothing to a rat.
All of that is death to a rat as well.

However, they generally don't EAT what they gnaw on.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts